MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #16
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverWild View Post
Also, I did a biscuit test and found the top shelf in the back burned them while the rest of the cooker was perfectly golden brown. Have you found the top back to cook hotter too?
I have yet to do that, gonna do it this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverWild View Post
Did you run the FEC 120 in the rain or was it under cover? I'm curious as I just bought one and wondered if it caused any issues. I'm keeping mine out of the rain but in case it rains over night some time I'm wondering if it will fry any of the electronics?
It has seen some rain. The hopper seems sealed pretty well. What I have done is take a garbage bag and just put it over the hopper and pull down to cover the control pad. But I can tell you it has seen the rain naked and no issues.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #17
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Well, now that I have used the fec120 for a month and competed in my first comp using it, I am happy to say I love it! Have not had any issues at all, it puts out great que, and by taking away some hassle, I am using it way more on a weekly basis than I ever did with my WSM.

I will be using it at the Battle of the Brethren if anyone wants to come check it out.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]

Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #18
foodace
Got Wood.

That's a beautiful cooker and beautiful ribs.
foodace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
Michael Cowley
Knows what a fatty is.

So no issues in rain? I was told by dealer to not run it in the rain as it could cause components to get wet and it will void the warranty on it.
Michael Cowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #20
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailGateJoecom View Post
I will be using it at the Battle of the Brethren if anyone wants to come check it out.
Are you going to have it at the Amelia Island contest? I'd love to check it out.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #21
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I run my FEC-100 with the cover on and it has seen torrential rain, 70+ MPH winds, tornado warnings, freezing rain and even snow and it just cooks. I don't know if there is a cove for the 120 that allows you to cook with it on.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #22
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Cowley View Post
So no issues in rain? I was told by dealer to not run it in the rain as it could cause components to get wet and it will void the warranty on it.
Nope. Like I said, I used it at the BBQ Battle in DC where it did rain for a few hours. All I did was put a garbage bag over the hopper/control panel. It has also sat out in my backyard where it is under an awning but did see a ngith where it was out in the open in the rain, no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
Are you going to have it at the Amelia Island contest? I'd love to check it out.
Sure will, come by and check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I run my FEC-100 with the cover on and it has seen torrential rain, 70+ MPH winds, tornado warnings, freezing rain and even snow and it just cooks. I don't know if there is a cove for the 120 that allows you to cook with it on.
There is no cover for the 120, don't know why.
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #23
mep
Full Fledged Farker