MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-05-2020, 05:24 AM   #46
BrandonBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveBBQ View Post
Man that is awesome Thanks for the update! My trailer is an unenclosed trailer that is being fabbed now. We are going on week 2. Hopefully will be posting pictures start to finish in the next 2 weeks. I have a golf course right across the street as well that I want to partner up with for outside catering.

Make sure you post some pics of your trailer and smoker here for us to continue to follow along.

That's pretty bad ass! The golf course has been instrumental in making this happen and soon enough the best BBQ in town is going to be served regularly there.

We got a 24' porch concession trailer with about 14' of enclosed room. What smoker is going on it?

[B]On the 24' porch trailer:[/B]
Stumps XL Stretch

[B]On the patio:[/B]
BBQ Guru Shotgun - Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha - WSM 22 - Weber Q2200 - Masterbuilt MES 130B
BrandonBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #47
BrandonBBQ

Quick update...

- Water system being delivered Monday
- Warming cabinet delivered Tuesday
- Stainless tables ordered

Waiting for the Health Department to open back up hopefully this week but Indiana just extended the "Stay At Home" to at least May 1st so we will see what happens.

Stumps XL Stretch

BBQ Guru Shotgun - Grilla Grills Silverbac Alpha - WSM 22 - Weber Q2200 - Masterbuilt MES 130B
Old 04-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #48
BigDaveBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBBQ View Post
That's pretty bad ass! The golf course has been instrumental in making this happen and soon enough the best BBQ in town is going to be served regularly there.

We got a 24' porch concession trailer with about 14' of enclosed room. What smoker is going on it?
Hey Brandon, I got a custom built 6' Reverse flow Smoker with a vertical warming/smoker over the firebox. Drop me your social media

You can check me out at @bucketheadbbq
BigDaveBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #49
BigDaveBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Quick update...

- Water system being delivered Monday
- Warming cabinet delivered Tuesday
- Stainless tables ordered

Waiting for the Health Department to open back up hopefully this week but Indiana just extended the "Stay At Home" to at least May 1st so we will see what happens.
That's great news! We are just sending our rig out to paint. Then it will go to wrap, then install the plumbing and electrical. But everything is mounted, fabbed, and ready to rock and roll. Scheduled for 3 weeks with the county inspection.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:51 AM   #50
BrandonBBQ

We'll brethren, what a wild few weeks it's been. My wife, 18mo old son, and I moved into a new house with space we can grow into and where my office isn't doubling as the nursery. Building took over 6 months but we finally moved in. House is on the golf course that we will be bulk selling to for them to sell at the clubhouse and halfway food shack. We've been generating quite a bit of buzz around the area lately.

Here's another update!

- We made the paper (http://www.inkfreenews.com/2020/05/0...the-community/)
- Trailer has had all vinyl removed. All panels have been painted "Smoke Gray" and we will be changing the chrome to black to outline everything. Once finished paint will get over to designer to finalize our logo placements and such.

- We had the service window cut-in, it's been primed and will be painted this week.

To finish the trailer we just need to finalize where everything will be placed once get the health department to come out and take a look at things. I still have a bunch of paperwork to file with the state but we are getting real close!

Stumps XL Stretch

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-21-2020, 05:43 PM   #51
FLAQUE
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing you up and running.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:23 PM   #52
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Rock on Brother! Best Blessings to you!
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #53
BrandonBBQ

Just another quick update!

- Health department inspector came out for kind of a prelim meeting to just let us know any glaring issues, etc... said with the trailer in the condition it's in, it would take 10 minutes for the actual inspection as long as all the (brand new) equipment is working.
- We decided to forego the whole wrap, and ended up painting the trailer a "smoke grey" base and changing the chrome to black
- Finalizing the commissary agreement tomorrow morning
- LOOKING FOR BRISKET AND PORK BUTT SUPPLIERS!

I'm so stoked to show the Brethren what we've got going on and share our plans to make an impact in the community. Cheers yall!

Stumps XL Stretch

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-04-2020, 03:26 PM   #54
BrandonBBQ

We’ve been open for about 2 months now basically doing a “soft opening” and figuring out processes and quantities.

This was last Thursday and our first official “sellout” in the big trailer.

I’m going to start a new blog post and kind of condense this thread along with LESSONS LEARNED.

Because holy **** have we learned some things.

But this.... seeing this makes it all worth it. And seeing a bunch of return customers come back and say “you’ve got the best brisket in the county”

.... humbling to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumps XL Stretch

Old 08-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #55
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

Congrats on selling out!

What's a pudge muffin? I'm assuming it's not what I'm seeing on my google searches..
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:02 PM   #56
Fire and Ice
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Big Daddy

Exciting! congrats
Backwoods, UDS
Weber 22, Smokey Joe,Weber go anywhere
Grilla Grill
Black Stone
Americana Walk About
Fire and Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:54 AM   #57
BigDaveBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
We’ve been open for about 2 months now basically doing a “soft opening” and figuring out processes and quantities.

This was last Thursday and our first official “sellout” in the big trailer.

I’m going to start a new blog post and kind of condense this thread along with LESSONS LEARNED.

Because holy **** have we learned some things.

But this.... seeing this makes it all worth it. And seeing a bunch of return customers come back and say “you’ve got the best brisket in the county”

.... humbling to say the least.

Congrats. It sounds like we started our business at the same time. Trailer was completed built end of may and June. We have been open about 2 months as well.

When will you be posting up some pictures and videos of the trailer. Really Excited to see it.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #58
BrandonBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveBBQ View Post
Congrats. It sounds like we started our business at the same time. Trailer was completed built end of may and June. We have been open about 2 months as well.

When will you be posting up some pictures and videos of the trailer. Really Excited to see it.

Congrats on opening yours as well!

We are still finalizing the graphics and working out what we’re going to do for the winter. But we’ve done a couple events and have gotten into a decent groove. Hopefully we will have them on soon and will do a bit of a walkthrough.

We definitely aren’t making life changing money by any means but this experience has been life changing in so many ways.

For anyone considering opening a food truck just know that it’s way more work than you’re thinking it is. I promise. Especially if you plan on doing your own marketing, accounting, etc...

However I’ve met so many awesome people and have had some interesting opportunities come about because of it.

Be prepared, you gotta grind.

Stumps XL Stretch

Old 03-15-2021, 09:39 PM   #59
copaaz
Found some matches.

can we get an update on how you are doing?
copaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:37 PM   #60
Bob Campbell
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaaz View Post
can we get an update on how you are doing?
Not to hard to find out. just type the name in google and it leads to their facebook page.
Bob Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote