MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #1
Bighead Ed
Found some matches.

Default Ole Hickory/ Southern Pride accepted in Comps?

I currently use a stick burner for comps. I am in process of getting a trailer for my comps and for my side $$$. With using a Southern Pride or Ol Hickory in comps... how are these smokers looked upon by competitors?
Bighead Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
Tannhauser42
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : X

Malcolm Reed (Killer Hogs) uses Ole Hickory smokers, and the OakridgeBBQ guy who posts here just got one.

Last edited by Tannhauser42; 10-22-2018 at 08:03 PM..
Tannhauser42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 PM   #3
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I’m not sure about Southern Pride, but I see a few Ole Huckory smokers around here. Just remember that for KCBS comps you can only use wood, charcoal or pellets, no gas or electricity as the heat source.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote