MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:27 PM   #1
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron
Default ***Brethren PSA - Unprecedented Times! READ THIS!

Folks...

We are in unprecedented times socially and politically, and we are seeing an increase in those factors creeping into the forum. There has been more bickering, more political/controversial posts outside of the News & Politics sub-forum and way too many accusations of trolling.

The admin/mod team needs your help in keeping all of this from polluting our community.
  • If you see a post that rubs you the wrong way, please move on and don't contribute to the problem. If you can't do that, use the ignore function!
  • If a post is out of place (politics, etc.), just repost it and let us look at it and decide. Don't add to the ill placed discussion.
  • If you think someone is a troll, report it and we'll look at it and act when appropriate. Making public accusations just turns into a pissing/popularity contest and it becomes more difficult to determine who the biggest problem is.
In short, please resist the urge to moderate on your own. Don't escalate things unnecessarily. Use the report post button and let us deal with it or use the ignore feature where you simply can't do anything else.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2020, 12:51 AM   #2
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Let me add a lil something to this as well.

Members NEW and OLD need to read or refresh their memory here:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14685

EVERYONE needs to read this:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=38314

Pay VERY close attention as to WHY Phil and the founding members left the old Yahoo group. We DO NOT want to recreate that atmosphere once again in this forum.
Nobody owns this place and it is NOT exclusive to a few or to those who only believe or feel the same way about Q, etc. I really want to emphasize what Ron said about ignoring a post/member, walking away and not adding gasoline to a dumpster fire thread just cause it tweeks you the wrong way, don't be the hero and try to moderate things yourself with the help of "the Mob!" Dog piles make work for us. You only make things worse and in the process, many times, you end up looking more like an asshat than the OP. Report it, and let us decide. If we do nothing, then nothing is wrong. Once again, ignore, say nothing, etc. Recently, the whole "troll" thing got old. Many times it wasn't trolling but someone upset cause what was being expressed was not the norm or just someone's character/personality rubbing others the wrong way. Again, go read the rules and the Inception Thread. Yes, we have had trolls. But, given enough rope, they end up figuring out what to do with it and earn themselves a ban. Again, let US decide that. In closing, best bet is report it and let us decide.
Those of you that have been around here a while know that I just say it like it is. If my words somehow hit close to home...........well, maybe you need to do a lil bit of self reflection as you may be part of issue.

Nuff sed.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP

Last edited by BobBrisket; 09-18-2020 at 01:27 PM..
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote