Tamworth Bacon

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Staff member
Reaction score
Took out a side of pork belly from the freezer last week. This week, mixed up the cure and back into the fridge. Probably let it go for 12 or 13 days.

Just over 13lbs. decided to cut in thirds. One is plain, salt, sugar, cure. One I added black pepper & garlic and the last is bourbon & maple syrup. We'll see how they turn out.

0Jifnazh.jpg

UFbsXyTh.jpg

mPrf8Y6h.jpg

6OCreGRh.jpg

3p1Wzx6h.jpg

You won't be disappointed Andy! :nod:

I am going to have to one day finally do this... Keep us posted on the results!

Why is it called Tamworth Bacon?
Tamworth is a town over here renowned for its Country Music festival each year.
Wonder how the town was named.

Really looking forward to this, Andy.

Curious to see which one is your favorite.

:pop2:

Still trying to decide how to smoke them. In the past I've always cold smoked. Might try a hot smoke on one of them his time. Thirdeye also had a suggestion of cold smoking, then a hot smoke the following day. Decisions, decisions... But delicious decisions.

Where did you source the meat? Looking forward to the finished product.

Robert

Bacon Acres Farm in Jay OK.
Andy,

Thanks for the info. That's just 1 1/2 hours from the house. I now recall that I asked you once before just a few months ago. The old mind ain't what she used to be.

Robert

Decided to do each slab a little different. All I've ever done was cold smoked. So I'm going to cold smoke both the regular & pepper bacon, then take the pepper bacon off after a couple hours and hot smoke it. The bourbon & maple bacon I'll just do a hot smoke tomorrow.

Cold smoking in the FEC...

EYW0Q4uh.jpg

After a few hours, I put the pepper bacon on the Big Joe for a hot smoke. Never done a hot smoke, so we'll see how it goes. Cruising along at 190...

Tw6YwBhh.jpg

uxbve4kh.jpg

Andy, I can nearly taste that last photo, mate.... or I wish I could.

Keep the pr0n coming, brother. This is great.

The hot smoked pepper bacon is done. Had to fry some of that up as well.

R5DYKN2h.jpg

Can definitely tell its partially cooked. Not sure which method I like better. Think I'll have to fry some more up in the morning for another taste.

ZN6gXNkh.jpg

87bPelAh.jpg

Y.....U.....M!!!!! Looks fantastic.Let us know which you prefer please.

Back