Pizza on BGE Demo Class this past Saturday (many pics)

SmokinGuitarPlayer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Since I'll be baking pizza-on-Egg again this year at the MidEggLantic Eggfest on July 23 (our stores's BGE Egg-fest ) I did a practice demo-cook this past Saturday. Here's some pics from that event.

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

Looks like your temp is a bit too high, or perhaps you might want to reduce your cook time slightly.

When I was in college and worked for a pizza place. We had the old deck ovens and we would use a fork to go around the edges of the sauce to keep the bubble down. The pizza still looks great.

We like the bubble and char (puff and black spots) ! We also bake in Forno Bravo wood ovens and traditionally, pizza is baked at 405C (around 930 F so you get lots of rise and char ..it's a little harder to get it on Ceramic grills but I'm getting better at it.
FB/SGP

Love your stuff Fred, your videos have helped me out a ton. Haven't bought anything yet, but I will I assure you.

When I made pizza on my egg, I had a hard time keeping the dough stretched out. Maybe cuz' i'm not italian, I got no skillz...

Twisted... let your dough warm up before trying to stretch it out and it will be much easier. Also, if it "fights" you ... put it down and let it relax for 10 / 15 minutes and then go for it again, it will have relaxed.
FB/SGP

We like the bubble and char (puff and black spots) ! We also bake in Forno Bravo wood ovens and traditionally, pizza is baked at 405C (around 930 F so you get lots of rise and char ..it's a little harder to get it on Ceramic grills but I'm getting better at it.
FB/SGP

I downloaded the plans for a Pompaian wood fired pizza oven from Forno Bravo. I've got most of the supplies and hope to start laying it up yet this summer.

Fine lookin pie ya got there! Agree, wish I was closer to!:thumb:

I bought a BGE about a month ago and baked 7 pizzas first time out. Thanks to Fred's pizza videos and others, they turned out fantastic!

prosciuttobgepizza.jpg

bgesuasagepizza.jpg

bgepizzacrust.jpg

I've also purchased several items from Fred's store over the past couple years. Great selection, service and prices!

Back