Poblano cream corn brûlée...anyone have the recipe?

electron_si

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We visited Gettin Basted on our family Christmas trip to Branson a few months ago and my wife had the corn. She requested I make it for the super bowl. Does anyone have a close recipe for it? I couldn’t find anything online.

Nope, but I will testify it’s awesome stuff.

j9eM5mHl.jpg

Thought the brethren were going to come through. Looks like it didn’t work out

I don't know anything about the brulee, but here is my version of the cream corn served at Rudy's, and sometimes I'll add some diced jalapeno.

2 lb frozen super sweet corn, thawed and drained
As much love as you can spare
1/2 stick butter, cubed
1/2 tablespoon sugar
1/8 to 1/4 cup whipping cream
2 to 3 ounces of cream cheese, cubed
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Puree some of the corn to act as a thickener. Add all ingredients except the salt and pepper to a pot and slowly bring up to a low simmer, stirring occasionally. Once the cheese has started to melt, lower the temp and allow the corn to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add sugar as needed to suit your sweet tooth.

This can be cooked in the oven in a casserole dish or for real large batches use a crock pot.

Yeah If you added poblanos to that and reserved some sugar to torch the top it would be close.

Thought the brethren were going to come through. Looks like it didn’t work out

Brad is a well respected poster here. Maybe PM him and see if he'll give it up? If not, I don't think anyone that knows him would want to give out his recipes.

That said, it is delicious, and if he put it out there, it would quickly enter my rotation!

I make it in big batches, so I don’t have a scaled down recipe, but Third Eyes ingredient list gets you in the ball park. I use pepper jack cheese instead of cream cheese. Roast some poblanos in the oven or over a flame, peel, chop, and mix in with your corn. For service, spoon some sugar over the top and hit it with a torch until it melts and bubbles. Garnish with green onions. I also hit it with some jalapeño salt right before it goes out for some pop.

Good luck making it this weekend. Let me know how it goes!

I suppose that you already did a google search and there are several recipes out there and all sound pretty good. This may or may not come close but it's a start. starthttps://melissacookston.com/poblano-creamed-corn/

Back