First flame out on pellet pro

stan5677

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Threw some wingettes on the pellet pro this evening. Toward the end of the cook I went to check on them and noticed the temp around 80 according the rtd probe checked the hopper and definitely had enough pellets. Pulled the chicken off removed everything and notice no pellets in pot but plenty of ash (granted i didn't thoroughly clean the burn pot after last cook) it was weird it didn't try to relight. Primed her up again and she fired right up and maintained temps so i threw the chicken back up just to get them warmed up.

It can happen to any pellet grill from time to time. Some are much less likely than others. Did you start with a clean fire pot?

It can happen to any pellet grill from time to time. Some are much less likely than others. Did you start with a clean fire pot?

I cleaned out best I could I left my shop vac out in the rain and it died so I used a spoon to scoop out as much as I could.

I also thought it would go thru a re-light if temps dropped too low. It's been a long time since I read the manual though. The one issue I had was not cleaning out the ash and it couldn't re-light because there was too much ash but it dumped pellets until it overflowed the pot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I also thought it would go thru a re-light if temps dropped too low. It's been a long time since I read the manual though. The one issue I had was not cleaning out the ash and it couldn't re-light because there was too much ash but it dumped pellets until it overflowed the pot.

it was weird i primed the burn pot back up and fired it back up while i heated my sides up no issues there first problem in over a year of ownership i'll chalk this up to owner error. i need to get a new shop vac

How is the pellet pro in the cold weather?

How is the pellet pro in the cold weather?
Doesn't get really cold here but I don't have any issues. I'm sure it uses more pellets but I can't remember it being a lot more. Never used it below 40 though.

Back