MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:17 AM   #1
mattmountz94
Babbling Farker

Default Baked Beans

Need some easy advice. Having a get together of around 50-60 people this weekend. Having chicken, pulled pork and hotdogs. The sides are some pasta/potato salad sort of stuff, along with other crap.

I am making wampus baked beans. Any idea on if i should double or triple or even 4 bang those beans?

Thanks

Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmountz94 View Post
Need some easy advice. Having a get together of around 50-60 people this weekend. Having chicken, pulled pork and hotdogs. The sides are some pasta/potato salad sort of stuff, along with other crap.

I am making wampus baked beans. Any idea on if i should double or triple or even 4 bang those beans?

Thanks

I don’t recall how much the original recipe makes, but I usually find one full size tray of beans will serve 20-25 people, so I’d definitely at least double it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-16-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
mattmountz94
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
I don’t recall how much the original recipe makes, but I usually find one full size tray of beans will serve 20-25 people, so I’d definitely at least double it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am having a hard time remembering too. Something tells me it filled my 12" cast iron skillet.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:22 AM   #4
northof8
On the road to being a farker

Just made these a couple weeks ago. My skillet was about half full on a single batch. Don't remember the size of my skillet, but fits in the Bandara with enough room on the side for a fatty for what that's worth. I can text the kids and see what the skillet size is.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:47 AM   #5
Zevon668
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Warren

I have been experimenting with these since I came across the recipe on here a couple months back. This is a half aluminum pan, I made a double batch of the wet ingredients, and then had to add some liquid to it. This didn’t fill the pan and served about 15 people. I started with dried beans, 4 cups, the night before. In your situation if it were me I would start with canned plain beans, not canned baked beans, It will turn out too sweet. Good luck, that recipe is awesome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADA09888-341B-457D-9B91-BD1073B6E162.jpg (76.4 KB, 170 views)
Zevon668 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #6
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I don't know the amounts for that recipe, but two #10 cans of Great Northern Beans feeds about 50 with my recipe. Five ounce servings.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
hurricanedavid
is one Smokin' Farker

I would a 3x-4x batch for that many folks. I 3x the recipe for my Xmas gathering of 30-40 folks and always have leftovers.

I'm making a 2x batch this weekend.

Good luck

Old 08-16-2018, 09:49 AM   #8
mattmountz94
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedavid View Post
I would a 3x-4x batch for that many folks. I 3x the recipe for my Xmas gathering of 30-40 folks and always have leftovers.

I'm making a 2x batch this weekend.

Good luck
Yea that is right where i was thinking. I don't mind left overs either. I feel people either like beans or they don't. I feel a party of 50 maybe only 25 will actually try them.

Old 08-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #9
mattmountz94
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevon668 View Post
I have been experimenting with these since I came across the recipe on here a couple months back. This is a half aluminum pan, I made a double batch of the wet ingredients, and then had to add some liquid to it. This didn’t fill the pan and served about 15 people. I started with dried beans, 4 cups, the night before. In your situation if it were me I would start with canned plain beans, not canned baked beans, It will turn out too sweet. Good luck, that recipe is awesome!
Yea the recipe calls for plain beans and that is what i use. I have made pretty many times and always good. My favorite was with a hot sausage instead of the maple. But that batch had heat that wouldn't serve good for a party.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #10
mattmountz94
Babbling Farker

4 times the recipe and it filled two half pans and maybe 1-2 cups left over. Just for future reference

Thanks from: --->