STR8 RUB

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Good SATURDAY Morning All,
Hope this weekend finds everyone in good health with an ample supply of meat/poultry in the smokers!

Name is Jeremiah. I would have swore I introduced myself a couple of weeks ago, but my activity is showing no posts-ever...memory is not what it use to be 20-25 yrs and a few concussions later this type of thing happens a lot!

Anyway, been eating BBQ since I can remember (my first two "food" memories-Ribs and refried beans). Due to work haven't smoke in a while. Use to be a stick burner, but due to logistics and moving around decide to try charcoal out for a while.
Bought a WSM 22 off a dude up the road. Did some ribs couple weekends ago that were ok, but missed the mark. Needed about 1-2 more hrs on. The larger ones had a little too much bite to 'em. Rub was again "ok". Starting back at scratch on that too. Lost my old notes to a house fire (kind of ironic).

Today, I got a 6-7lb B. Butt on with some Oakhouse "Secret Weapon" and have a little 3 1/2lb range chick to put on tonight for dinner (she's got Oakhouse "Gamebird & Chicken" on. Bought the VIP sample pack from Oakhouse.

Anyway I'm glad to meet ya'll and look forward to getting to know you!

Cheers,
Jer

Welcome to the brethren, Jer. Looks as if you have nice experience with BBQ and there is so much knowledge and experience everyone here is willing to share to improve your BBQ.

Off to a good start with Oakridge Secret Weapon on the butt. Can’t wait to hear the results.

Welcome to the brethren, Jer. Looks as if you have nice experience with BBQ and there is so much knowledge and experience everyone here is willing to share to improve your BBQ.

Off to a good start with Oakridge Secret Weapon on the butt. Can’t wait to hear the results.

Most my experience is on huge commercial off-set with temp controls or Hawaiian pit style so the WSM is presenting some new experiences.

Definitely always more knowledge to gain, and looks like this forum has some "Jedi Masters" with great words of wisdom.

Thanks for the welcome to all!
J

Pleased to "meet" you Jeremiah! Welocme to the asylum; you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

Ridge... OakRidge... Both of those are a very good choice, I think you'll like them.

If you have any questions, by all means ask, someone here will have an answer for you. And you'll probably get multiple answers.

Post some pics when the food is done...

Yes, OAKRIDGE. Been doing that since I started reading about their rub.
The OAKHOUSE is an old joint I use to go to for ribs. Wife's corrected me about 100 times on that and yet I continue to screw it up...creature of habit.
J

Back