Help with Competition Trailer Purchase in the Northeast

AlanK

Knows what a fatty is.
Hi, I am considering making the move to a competition trailer. Does anyone know of a vendor in the Northeast that customizes trailers or sells used trailers for BBQ competitions? I live in NJ and am willing to drive between Maryland and Boston to look.
Thanks,
Alan

Hi, I am considering making the move to a competition trailer. Does anyone know of a vendor in the Northeast that customizes trailers or sells used trailers for BBQ competitions? I live in NJ and am willing to drive between Maryland and Boston to look.
Thanks,
Alan
There are no trailer manufacturers in the northeast. I do know of several trailers that are coming on the market this fall. Can you give me a better idea of what you are looking for? Porch / don't care? What are you towing it with? Etc/Etc.

Thanks for the response. I plan to pull it with an Expedition. I am not comfortable towing, so i am interested in the smallest trailer possible with a porch, fridge, air conditioner and heat. I don't know much about them, so I wanted to start looking into it.

I really appreciate the info!

Alan

Thanks for the response. I plan to pull it with an Expedition. I am not comfortable towing, so i am interested in the smallest trailer possible with a porch, fridge, air conditioner and heat. I don't know much about them, so I wanted to start looking into it.

I really appreciate the info!

Alan
That's where you need to start - a 2018 Expedition has a max towing capacity of 6,300 lbs. If you have the Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package it's 9,000 lbs. tongue weight is 10% of the max loaded trailer weight.

Here's more info direct from Ford

There are no trailer manufacturers in the northeast. I do know of several trailers that are coming on the market this fall. Can you give me a better idea of what you are looking for? Porch / don't care? What are you towing it with? Etc/Etc.

If you happen to see a porch trailer in the 26-28 foot range with living quarters, let me know! Tow vehicle is an F250 (gas). Bumper pull, fifth wheel or gooseneck are cool.

Back