Low carb drink and food of choice for tailgate?

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
With football season upon us what is everyone’s low carb drink and food of choice for tailgate party’s or gatherings?

Pig shots, ABTs, moinks, sausage, kabobs, grilled shrimp, grilled oysters. No shortage of great no carb tailgate grub

Bourbon, Tequila, Vodka, Rum... Spirits have no carbs.

Margaritas! Tequila, Triple Sec, FRESH juice of 1 lime (2 carbs), Ice. If you really need it sweeter, add a packet of stevia in the raw.

Hard seltzer has been added to my regimen when I am dieting. 2 carbs 100 calories. White Claw is popular and inexpensive. Also, as mentioned spirits such as a good single malt scotch, or say a solid bourbon like Angels Envy. I even made a scotch and soda which I thought was darn good too.

That and some great wings....of course you can make cream cheese with something bacon wrapped pepper poppers.

No matter how many times I try, I cannot seem to fully exclude beer from my weekly diet. The food party is somewhat easy, at least 5 days a week. And I got the working out part down as well. But damn if I will ever give up beer fully!!

https://youtu.be/SqPCzFz7OPY

SqPCzFz7OPY

Iced tea is my favorite drink to have on hand all the time so make it unsweet for low carb. :loco: Make it hot tea when it gets deep into the season!

My favorite low carb foods for sports are ABT's, stuffed shrooms, grilling small pieces of beef flattened and stuffed with cheese, then wrapped with bacon. Also, jerked or asian (thai, teriaki, or Indian style) flavored chicken kabobs.

Jalapenos stuffed with a mixture of mashed Cauliflower and Cream Cheese, wrapped in Bacon!:-D

Back