My Trinidad Scorpions turned red

keeperofsecrets

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The first crop of the season. I will dehydrate to concentrate the heat, then add to my Zombie Sauce. There are about 20 more on the vine...

OJGdwhO.jpg

fYqSXIx.jpg

Col, I have a ghost pepper plant in a pot. It's just starting to get blossoms though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Got both a ghost and a Carolina Reaper sprouting on the shelf. Can't wait for the face melting awesomeness.

I'm sure we could quickly find ourselves in a "heated debate," but I really look forward to the photos of the end result - The Sauce!

As a fellow chili-head, I'm curious about the "base" of your sauce and the planned spices and whatnot. - Not trying to "pull back the curtain" too far... but... for those of us who'd try to follow a similar path... your recommendations would be most helpful and instructive.

A good product name is highly important, as is a good label... and it looks like you're well on your way. Though, I'd likely mess myself opening the bottle, as-is. :shock:

I'm sure we could quickly find ourselves in a "heated debate," but I really look forward to the photos of the end result - The Sauce!

As a fellow chili-head, I'm curious about the "base" of your sauce and the planned spices and whatnot. - Not trying to "pull back the curtain" too far... but... for those of us who'd try to follow a similar path... your recommendations would be most helpful and instructive.

A good product name is highly important, as is a good label... and it looks like you're well on your way. Though, I'd likely mess myself opening the bottle, as-is. :shock:

I take a sweet sauce as a base. My sauce is from scratch, inspired by a KC style sauce recipe I found at Amazingribs.com. Essentially I make a catsup based, heavy molasses sweet and sticky sauce and add 6 scorpion peppers (or Carolina reapers, or ghost peppers, cause let's face the fact: at that level of heat, there isn't much difference between them) and 6 habaneros plus 1/2 cup of spicy Chile powder per quart of sauce, and cook them in the sauce for about 30 minutes. I then take an immersion blender and render the whole chiles into the sauce. I tend to wear a respirator mask during the cooking process, so there's an experiential tip.

Back