MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:21 AM   #31
Piomarine
On the road to being a farker

I can't wait for my first bash! I was gonna bring my boat too, but after looking over the trailer I found that it is not highway safe (and only barely city safe). I'm gonna bring a couple racks of ribs and couple of fishing rods too and who knows...if we land some channels we can fry them up too!
Piomarine is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #32
charcoal4brains
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleebus.jones View Post
I'd love to go, but it's right at 5 hrs one way for me. I'm just West of Houston, and I think a SoTex bash would be great! Heck, if there's enough interest, I can help organize...or at least help secure a place to meet.

I'm in! I'm in Pearland, TX, just south of Houston. "Have WGA, will travel and BBQ!"

Last edited by charcoal4brains; 04-18-2017 at 02:23 PM..
charcoal4brains is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #33
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

3 DAYS TILL THE N TEXAS BBQ BRETHREN BASH!!

So by now you should know what's cooking, truck is somewhat loaded, cooler is washed and rinsed, beverages are in the fridge getting cold, snacks are on the kitchen table ready to be packed and sides are in the fridge. Next up is to fill and load the cooler, hook up the cooker and shove the wife and kids in the truck!
Tell you friends and remember to sign in on the sheet in my signature line please!!

The Bash is Coming up!!!

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #34
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Well the Mac and Cheese Balls did not make the cut! Not cheesy enough for us.
So looks like we will be cooking some Cold Smoked, with Pecan, Balsamic and Bacon Deviled Eggs (on MiniMAX), Deep Fried Sausage Bites and both The Rum and Bourbon Shooters!! So if you want to fry something BRING IT!!! I my fiddle with a couple of thing.

With Mrs Frognot cooking grilled Pineapple, a few sausages and maybe other items on the BGE MiniMAX!

SmittyJonz said he is cooking a few things including his now famous meatloaf. It was killer last year at Belton. Well done my friend!!
So check the sign in sheet and bring what you like. Side are always a great item.
And if we are lucky hopefully will will have a pan of some outstanding beans again!

And I must apologize for not having any parting gifts this year. With our EggFest schedule it seems like we are cooking and traveling every weekend. Not to much time left to chase down sponsors for the Bash.

I plan on meeting Dave at his RV on Friday evening. Spend a little time telling stories on all of you before Saturday!! lol So be ready for some grilling questions come Saturday morning from Dave.

We will have LigherFluid from Sycamore, GA, Ag76 from Tyler TX, Springram from Spring TX and a couple of other out of towner's. Hopefully Peeps can make it up from Austin.

I think the weather will be good this year. If any rain at all seems it will be over in the early morning. That said you may want to bring a coat cause the high will be around 70. I will be rolling in as early as possible and get setup at the Pavilion. Hopefully SlidingBilly will bring his coffee pot once again and the Cabo. We should really finish it offf this year.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #35
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
Well the Mac and Cheese Balls did not make the cut! Not cheesy enough for us.
So looks like we will be cooking some Cold Smoked, with Pecan, Balsamic and Bacon Deviled Eggs (on MiniMAX), Deep Fried Sausage Bites and both The Rum and Bourbon Shooters!! So if you want to fry something BRING IT!!! I my fiddle with a couple of thing.

With Mrs Frognot cooking grilled Pineapple, a few sausages and maybe other items on the BGE MiniMAX!

SmittyJonz said he is cooking a few things including his now famous meatloaf. It was killer last year at Belton. Well done my friend!!
So check the sign in sheet and bring what you like. Side are always a great item.
And if we are lucky hopefully will will have a pan of some outstanding beans again!

And I must apologize for not having any parting gifts this year. With our EggFest schedule it seems like we are cooking and traveling every weekend. Not to much time left to chase down sponsors for the Bash.

I plan on meeting Dave at his RV on Friday evening. Spend a little time telling stories on all of you before Saturday!! lol So be ready for some grilling questions come Saturday morning from Dave.

We will have LigherFluid from Sycamore, GA, Ag76 from Tyler TX, Springram from Spring TX and a couple of other out of towner's. Hopefully Peeps can make it up from Austin.

I think the weather will be good this year. If any rain at all seems it will be over in the early morning. That said you may want to bring a coat cause the high will be around 70. I will be rolling in as early as possible and get setup at the Pavilion. Hopefully SlidingBilly will bring his coffee pot once again and the Cabo. We should really finish it offf this year.
Coffee and Cabo will both be there, I have a couple of other bottles that might make their way into the box. Some Slyrs 51 (a German single malt that I highly doubt anyone has tried since it cannot even be imported to Texas) and some Tower Vodka (a very nice local vodka made in Pilot Point).

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #36
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

sorry hotch...
i am not as organized as you. i will get everything bought friday and maybe pack some drinks in the cooler. i might even hook up the shirley to the truck friday night. hope the variety pack of sausages i get pleases everyone.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2017, 10:52 AM   #37
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
sorry hotch...
i am not as organized as you. i will get everything bought friday and maybe pack some drinks in the cooler. i might even hook up the shirley to the truck friday night. hope the variety pack of sausages i get pleases everyone.
No worries this one will be great. Any chance of a few pieces of BBQ chicken on the Shirley? I may have a few nakid fatties to go on the Shirley. And we all know you cant have a Bash without a fattie!! lol
Just don't have time to pre cook here at the house with the Texas EggFest next weekend.
Be safe and see you soon!

Old 04-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #38
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
No worries this one will be great. Any chance of a few pieces of BBQ chicken on the Shirley? I may have a few nakid fatties to go on the Shirley. And we all know you cant have a Bash without a fattie!! lol
Just don't have time to pre cook here at the house with the Texas EggFest next weekend.
Be safe and see you soon!
i could probably fit all the meat for the entire bash so a couple of chicken parts and fatties won't be an issue.

btw...what time is everyone rolling in?
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #39
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
i could probably fit all the meat for the entire bash so a couple of chicken parts and fatties won't be an issue.

btw...what time is everyone rolling in?
Open daily.
Gates are open 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
I plan on rolling up at 6:00 to 6:30. Shelly may come in later.
The reservation starts at 10:00am (Earliest you can have) but someone needs to be there early so we won't have to move someone out of there to setup!

Old 04-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #40
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
Open daily.
Gates are open 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
I plan on rolling up at 6:00 to 6:30. Shelly may come in later.
The reservation starts at 10:00am (Earliest you can have) but someone needs to be there early so we won't have to move someone out of there to setup!
I'll be there early with you, Hotch. I want to get the little brisket started early so it is ready for lunch. Rain forecast is starting to clear up. I saw none in the forecast for Saturday when I looked this morning.

Old 04-18-2017, 12:02 PM   #41
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
I'll be there early with you, Hotch. I want to get the little brisket started early so it is ready for lunch. Rain forecast is starting to clear up. I saw none in the forecast for Saturday when I looked this morning.
And I Quote from Ron White:
"It's gonna be a good day Tater!"

Old 04-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #42
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Man I wish I could make one of these bashes... this shutdown at the refinery had prolly 10 days left...maybe next year... would love to meeet you guys and gals.... hope y'all have a blast!!!!!

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #43
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
Man I wish I could make one of these bashes... this shutdown at the refinery had prolly 10 days left...maybe next year... would love to meeet you guys and gals.... hope y'all have a blast!!!!!
Well you guys a are certainly invited to The Great State of Texas and to any of our Bash's. Looks like we may have three a year! It's a big state!

Paul is kind enough to bring up his Shirley Fab Cabinet model with a warmer so we will be in good company.

I think we need to get Scottie Horton aka SGH, and Scott Allen aka Thatgrimguy to put on a Bash over in your neck of the woods! I bet we would have a great time!

Last edited by Hotch; 04-18-2017 at 01:53 PM..

Old 04-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #44
Springram
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaQ View Post
Well, if you ever want to come, let us know. We would have to take a vote, however. We just do not allow anyone.........
Weber 22.5 Master Touch
Hunsaker drum
Weber Smokey Joe
Blackstone griddle
PK Grill (original)
Springram is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #45
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Springram are you bringing a pan of your Amazing Beans this year?