MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #181
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springram View Post
Well, you got to make sure you open the intake on the firebox.. that would help.
I thought what happened at the bash stayed at the bash.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #182
Westx
is One Chatty Farker

To put name to pic I am in the Brite orange jacket. Had a really great time meeting everyone. Me and the wife had a blast.
Assassin 36” Pellet Grill
LSG Mini on reversed comp cart
LSG 20”x36” pellet grill
Wes
Westx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 09:24 PM   #183
DaveAlvarado
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
I really liked my deep fried Bacon wrapped Jalapeno and Tatter Tots with the Jalapeno Jelly Glaze!
Oh no wait, that's what I was thinking of! The jalapeno jelly glaze ones!
DaveAlvarado is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-25-2017, 10:12 AM   #184
pjtexas1

I was better this year and actually took a picture of some aggie ribs. Ribs were cooked perfectly and the homemade sauce was darn good too.

20170422_124951.jpg
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])

Old 04-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #185
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

All of the rib cooks were on point!

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #186
SmittyJonz

3 lbs ground chuck, 1 lb Smoked Sausage chopped (usually Earl Campbells), chopped onion, chopped bell peppers, 4 eggs, 4 slices of white bread, A1, a bunch of Cavendars Greek Seasoning, 1 pkg. of shredded cheese ( I get a multi cheese blend). I don't measure anything - just what looks good. On the Cavendars I'll dump some in, mix it all up and smell it, if can't smell Cavendars I do some more , mix it , till I can easily smell the Cavendars in it........ Glaze is 50/50 Ketchup/A1. Smoke it till it hits 165-170* on foil just a little bigger than the loaf so grease drains.

Last edited by SmittyJonz; 11-17-2017 at 07:49 PM..
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #187
Crazy Tex
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Matt

I'm sorry I missed it.. but it looks like there was enough fun and food to go around! Maybe next year!

Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #188
SmittyJonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
Good morning,

I want to thank everyone who came out and made this probably the best BBQ Brethren Bash EVER! Shelly and I had absolutely the best time with all of you guys and gals. It was so great to see you again and to meet all of the new BBQ Brethren. You guys are the best. This year topped the charts with approx. 40+ in attendance.

With another N Texas Bash in the books this one will be a special one. With the run up of poor weather and then for it to break into a great Saturday, albeit a bit windy, it turned out great. Sliding Billy saved the day with his coffee to keep us warm, blue tarps used for wind screens and his endless supply of paper goods.

The day started off as we rolled in around 6:30, paid the $7 per head to the Great State of Texas for the use of a great State Park on the Bash was on. We started by loading up everything for the walk up the hill to the pavilion, over looking Lake Ray Roberts, "it was a workout". On our heels was Chris and Christine next and we both finished unloading and were ready for the Bash to begin. In just a little while the Brethren started rolling in.

Ag76 brought his self made custom offset, Paul rolled in with his great Shirley Fab Cabinet Door w/warmer offset (Paul, Tyler great job. That pit ran like it was on Auto Pilot!!) and SmittyJonz finished off the smokers with Boomshakalaka! Dave brought his 26" Weber while Chris had his Green Mountain. Shelly and I brought the BGE MiniMAX and our R&V Cajun Fryer.

First out, for us, we cold smoked, on the MiniMAX with some pecan wood our Bacon Balsamic Deviled Eggs. Next up we deep fried Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots with a jalapeno slice inside and glazed with a Jalapeno Jelly. Then I worked with Frognot on the MiniMAX for some grilled Pineapple with Caramel Rum sauce. For our finish we deep fried the Rum Shooters with the Caramel and Rum glaze. As you can see there seems to be a theme to our cooks...Hope everyone enjoyed them, they did not last long.

Frognot brought some Pig Shots to smoke but we nix'd that idea and deep fried them as Frognot had decided that everything was better deep fried. We also tried some deep fried sausage.

All day long the food was coming off the grills, offsets and other cookers at just the right pace. I can say without a doubt that everything that was cooked at The N Texas Bash yesterday was amazing! From Dave Fisk and his Korean Beef Short ribs, Dave Alvarado and his killer Flat Iron Steak and Eggs Tacos, Chris' tasty smoked Brisket, SmittyJonz and his now Famous Meatloaf, Jay and Austin had their great ribs and off the charts Pulled Pork sammies, to another round of ribs from Piomarine (hope I got this right (Opps Sorry, if not!)). Chris's wife (Christine) made some great pasta salad, Spring Ram was so kind to bring a pan of his now required at every Bash he attends Famous Beans!! Dave Miller came with some amazing chocolate chip cookies and cinnamon rolls.

We loaded up the Shirley with a lot of sausages we all had brought and the best item out of the Shirley was the Smoked Pecan Pies, along with the smoked Mac and Cheese from Frognot!

I did my best to knock the bottom off of the Cabo that Chris brought as it was passed. Hopefully, between all of us we finished this bottle off and are on to a fresh one at the next Bash.

Everyone had a wonderful time eating, visiting, game playing and getting to know each other from the Brethren, to the wives to the kids and even the pups!

We missed not having Bruce and Kelley as Saturday was her birthday. But we did get her on Face Time and wished her Happy birthday!! Toast and others we hope all of you can make it next time.

If I missed putting your name and food cooked in here, my apologizes, please add on to this post with what I may have missed and post your comments about the Bash.

Thanks from Hotch and Shelly!

A few pics we took on Saturday at the Bash!

Old 11-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #189
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

Seems like a far walk to the pavilion from the cookers. I mean if you are holding a pan full of hot brisket.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #190
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
Seems like a far walk to the pavilion from the cookers. I mean if you are holding a pan full of hot brisket.
BBQ gloves.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk