New Rubs for Christmas?

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My wife has been on me about making a Christmas list. I am scanning looking for new rubs to put down. I am interested in some of the Sucklebuster rubs and a couple of the Simply Marvelous rubs. Anyone use any of these? The specific ones I am interested in with Simply Marvelous are the Cherry and the Sweet & Spicy. Any help is appreciated.

I absolutely love Sucklebusters. The spg is great because it’s very coarse which I like. Hog Waller and hoochie mamma are great in pork. Lemon peppers garlic is another really coarse one that’s great on seafood. Fajita makes great fajita seasoning.

Also I’ve been meaning to ask you what school do you coach at? My best friend coaches at Lamar

-SM Cherry is excellent. Get that one.

-Apple isn't one I use too often.

-Genies Trinity is Stephs comp blend (from what I understand). Has a little bit of a few of his best rubs in it. It has a kick, but if you're using it with sweet and sticky ribs, or comp-style chicken, its bangin.

-Peppered Cow is excellent as well. I like it much more than the Meat Church one that's similar (Holy Cow?).

-Just got some of the new SM Santa Maria Rub a week or two back. I haven't tried it on a tri tip yet, but put some on some seasoned breakfast potatoes the other day and really like it!

SM Spicy Apple is probably my favorite or at least one of my favorite rubs. Looking to try the Cherry sometime.

SM is fantastic as is Oakridge. Both makers are members here. The SM Cherry is the best I've found for any pork. Sucklebusters SPG and several Oakridge blends are the best I've found for beef.

http://simplymarvelousbbq.com/store

https://www.oakridgebbq.com/

Can't go wrong with either or both of these. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I have a bunch of the Sucklebusters rubs and they are pretty good. I also have SM Sweet Seduction which I also like a lot. Probably my favorite rubs are the ones by Chupacabra. I love all of those.

Thanks again for the heads up on The Simply Marvelous Cherry!
It is a keeper!

The rub showed up a few hours ago so we decided to make smoked pork chops for dinner since it only takes about an hour and a half to smoke pork chops at 250°f

They came out fantastic! They were done in my pit boss 820 using pit boss competition blend with 4 apple chunks in my Heavy D Wood burning diffuser. I had a pan with apple juice at grate level. Pulled them at 165°F and let them rest while I foiled the baby back rib.

The ribs will be done in a couple hours.

It was also off the scale on my lab test. My yellow lab usually lays behind me quietly while I eat, and I occasionally reach down and give her a little of whatever I’m eating. After the first taste she was standing next to me Jumping up and down while barking he brains out for more. She don’t even to that for pizza.

Here are the ribs. They were also great! This is great rub!

Last edited:
Back