• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked Garlic Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I used some of the smoked ham from the other day...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88445

and made a creamy garlic, onion sauce to go with the potatoes.

I lost my before pictures... but I made a garlic sauce by cooking sliced onions and garlic in butter until tender, then adding flour and cream to make a white sauce... Seasoned with salt and pepper then poured over sliced potatoes and ham layered in my skillet.

Then onto the smoker with hickory....
I let them smoke until the sauce was bubbly and the sliced potatoes were tender.

ham004-2.jpg

ham006-1.jpg

ham019-1.jpg

with some tomatoes and a cuc salad from my garden....

ham020-1.jpg

I really liked the smoked garlic potatoes and ham... I divided most of it into containers to freeze for future lunches for me. :-D

ham024-1.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Jeanie, that looks great! My daughter was just telling me the other day, we should make, that, cheese, cream stuff, you know the one with potatoes in it!:laugh:

Late night at work. Came home hungry but I don't want to eat this late. This doesn't help at all. Looks awesome!

Fantasstick Jeanie, were the potatoes pre cooked any before going into the smoker?

Last edited:
I know that's some good stuff. :thumb::thumb: I make something similar to that and it disappears real fast.

Food looks great. See you have my favorite Redneck china.

Oh so yummy looking Jeanie! I love scalloped potatoes and for some reason my Mom always made them out of a box with the pitiful dried potato slices and that powdered cheese stuff. Time to make them up right - thanks for the inspiration!

Jeanie, your the only woman in the world that can fatten me up with just a few pictures. Thanks for sharing

Good eats right there. If that ain't home cookin' I don't know what is!!!

I have made something very similar before with leftover ham but it did not look as good as yours Jeanie! :thumb::thumb:I will definitely have to try this when my new dutch oven comes in.:-D

I swear girl, you need your own TV show! :)

I just had lunch and somehow it is not very satisfying after looking at this :thumb::thumb::clap2::clap2:

Thank you!
Phu, I love gratin... can't wait to see what you make. :)
lol...Thank you Keale and Danny!

Fantasstick Jeanie, were the potatoes pre cooked any before going into the smoker?
Neil, thanks! They were not cooked, I just peeled and sliced them and layered them with sliced ham.

Thank you NRA and John. :-D

Pat, I seem to be going through a lot of this fancy china lately.... I'm not fond of doing dishes. :redface::-D

Rob, for some reason I do not care for the boxed kind.. the cheese looks too strange. lol

lol Thank you Babyboomer, Al, Jud, Johnny, Ross and Guerry!

I swear girl, you need your own TV show! :)

It has to be a camping/hunting/fishing show..... Thanks Mike. :wink:

Thank you qndummy! They turned out pretty good!

Thank you George! :wink:

Thanks friends....

Back