• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Favorite Steak Cut?

Generally, Ribeye.

My Walmart has chuckeye all the time. I usually keep them cleaned out.

The Loin steaks at Sam's are awesome, especially when they have that orange reduced sticker on them. But they're ruined if you over cook them.

Prime strip for me. I like a good filet, but at $30 a lb for a good one they are few and far between.

Rib cuts should be roasted, not grilled, sez I.

Flat iron and flank are great.

Tri tip is good, Teres Major is ok. Nothing wrong a with a nice sirloin either.

I guess I just like beef.

ribeye for me

honestly a hanger/flank/skirt steak may be 2.

I really dont care for strip steaks and that kinda includes t-bone/porterhouse. I'd probably put a good sirloin ahead of those

filets are for women

Tough call. Hard to beat a good ribeye and they can be forgiving if you accidentally over cook it a little, but equally hard for me to pass up a nice thick porterhouse if I'm really hungry. Although lately I've been really enjoying sirloins...good beefy flavor and not expensive, although since they tend to be rather lean, gotta be careful to not overcook them (I'm a med rare guy myself).

Like several different kinds but Ribeye has to be my favorite. In SC they are outrageous at $9.99/lb. So don't get them too often around here (whatever is on sale).

Same here in NJ....I always buy the whole Prime Rib when they go on sale around the Holidays, then slice them as I wish, and then vacuum pack and in the freezer they go for future use.
Prime Rib here goes for $4.99/lb around the Holidays.

Im partial to ribeyes, but prime tri tip cooked medium rare and sliced thin across the grain is about unbeatable to me. Every time creekstone has them three for $69, I pick up 6 or 9

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Costco Prime N.Y. Strip. Medium rare. Not even reverse sear, just blast as hot as possible over charcoal.

Flat Iron!!! Almost 100% usable meat cooked mid-rare over a screaming hot fire to a nice sear. Great flavor as well, very beefy. Ribeye is great until you see the 25% of inedible fat left on your plate when you are done. #2 for me is Picanha cooked with the fat cap on.

Either a well marbled strip or porterhouse, followed closely by outer skirt.

Agreeing with @Mikhail - I prefer ribeye in roast form.

Flat Iron!!! Almost 100% usable meat cooked mid-rare over a screaming hot fire to a nice sear. Great flavor as well, very beefy. Ribeye is great until you see the 25% of inedible fat left on your plate when you are done. #2 for me is Picanha cooked with the fat cap on.

^^^^^this!

Ribeye rare to medium rare for my whole family except daughter-in-law who prefers a New York Strip because she doesn't like the fat in the Ribeye and prefers the strip well done:crazy:.

Back