PK360 temp probe wire channel?

Alphonse

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I received my new PK 360 Friday and fired it up yesterday for the first time. It is a great grill and there's no "buyers remorse" here. It is even better than I expected.

For my first cook, I used a temperature probe at the grill grate level. I ran the cable though one of the top vents and tied it to the grate. I am not fond of that solution at all.

I am thinking I would rather have a small channel between the lid and the bottom to run a cable or two into the grill.

I thought about grinding a small channel at one of the handle reinforcements on the bottom shell. The shell is quite thick in that area and I think it could easily tolerate a small channel for the cables to lay in.

Looking for what other PK owners have done to solve this issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_160520.jpg
    IMG_20190216_160520.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 114
Haven’t tried it yet but look forward to finding out what you decide!

There is a guy on YT that did the same thing you are talking about. Here is the video and you can see it at the 43 second mark of the video. It's on the left side of the grill about in the middle of the lower capsule. He also makes mention of it down in the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXM4U65HiU

I personally have not done that to either of mine. I just go down through the top vent.

There is a guy on YT that did the same thing you are talking about. Here is the video and you can see it at the 43 second mark of the video. It's on the left side of the grill about in the middle of the lower capsule. He also makes mention of it down in the comments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXM4U65HiU

I personally have not done that to either of mine. I just go down through the top vent.

Thanks, found it. He filed a slot in it. Looks like a possible solution.

Here's a snippet from his YouTube.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 97
I rarely monitor meat temp, but when I want to on the 360 I have removed the dial thermometer and put my thermometer probe through that hole, but as mentioned above, not all probes will fit.

I have had my PK360 for several months now and I was worried about the same thing at first, but after many cooks with the probe wire laying between the top and bottom halves of the grill, I discovered that it is really not an issue at all. I suggest that you give it a try before deciding to drill or file.

I rarely monitor meat temp, but when I want to on the 360 I have removed the dial thermometer and put my thermometer probe through that hole, but as mentioned above, not all probes will fit.

That’s pretty genius actually. The dial is at grate level on the indirect side too which is an added bonus

Back