• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picked up a new toy

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at these for a while, but when it went on sale at Kohl’s, and I was able to use a 30% off coupon and another $10 off coupon, and ended up saving $112, I couldn’t pass it up!

E68-BC3-B9-CDE6-4370-A1-FF-8-F8080205-DFA.jpg

C1-C4-DB4-B-5-AE1-4-E0-D-9-ABF-183-FF6650866.jpg

The first cook was some wings rubbed with Rescue Rub from Code 3 Spices. I Air crisped them at 390 for a total of 28 minutes, stirring them after 13 mintues and again after 23 minutes.

1-F69-FDCD-7720-4156-9-CC0-7688-D0593-EB4.jpg

I tossed some with Primal Kitchen Classic BBQ Sauce.

09-DC2-B33-25-FC-4771-8096-0-FFF936360-C4.jpg

The wings came out great! Very tender and crispy! Next up is a whole chicken.

Hella wings right there.

Winds forecast 45-60 with Red Flag Warning next 48. Great time to find where wife hid ours.

I was wondering what that was. I saw someone buying one at the store today, but I was too far back to see details on the box, I just knew it was large, and I was used to Ninja making blenders. Looks neat!

I've had my eye on those for a while, mainly for the "crisping" aspect. Doing a whole chicken in the Instant Pot is great, and it makes some great broth, but the skin is gelatinous and unappealing without throwing it under the broiler or something. And at that point, why not just use a different cooking method? Interested to see what you do with it.

I would have never believed you could do wings that tasty on one, awesome looking cook Ron!

I've had my eye on those for a while, mainly for the "crisping" aspect. Doing a whole chicken in the Instant Pot is great, and it makes some great broth, but the skin is gelatinous and unappealing without throwing it under the broiler or something. And at that point, why not just use a different cooking method? Interested to see what you do with it.

Yeah, I love the Instant Pot for one pot meals, but things that need an extra step, like a whole bird, or browning the top of a casserole, etc, are not the best use for it. That’s the main reason I was looking at the Foodi.

The wings were fresh, so I just used the air crisp function and it worked great! If they were frozen I would have pressure cooked them for 4 or 5 minutes before using air crisp.

For the whole chicken my plan is to pressure cook for a while and then using the air crisp to finish it and crisp up the skin. Then, while the chicken is resting I am going to put in some broccoli and cauliflower and use the air crisp to cook that.

We’ll see :-D

In an "either or" outcome, which would be the better purchase, an 8qt Instant Pot or the Foodi?

Out the door to find wingettes. Good Call

Those look great Ron!

Very interested to see how the whole chicken cook turns out, that could take the place of three appliances in my kitchen.

Very nice Ron You got yourself a B Day gift Wings look great Is that another Instant Pot

Instant crisp feature sounds very interesting. I'll be watching for your thoughts after a few cooks. Wings look fantastic, by the way.

I put the Ninja Foodi through its paces tonight with a whole chicken.

I injected the chicken with our competition injection and hit it with our competition rubs and then pressure cooked it at high pressure for 20 minutes (it was a 6 lb chicken) with 5 minute natural release, and then touched up the rub and spritzed it with some avocado oil and air crisped it at 400 for 12 minutes.

Once the chicken was out and resting I put some par-cooked broccoli into the Ninja and air crisped that for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times. In retrospect, it could have used a couple more minutes.

The only thing not cooked in the Ninja was the potatoes. Those were par cooked in the microwave, smashed and then finished in a skillet with garlic.

The chicken was very moist and flavorful! I think the Foodi is a keeper ��

4296-F3-D2-76-B5-4-C1-C-A6-E1-F2-CF9-D28-DA82.jpg

E066-B4-A6-7716-4-F48-B8-CC-A343404743-F5.jpg

68-AB3-AE5-46-C1-4-CC3-830-C-31993-C367177.jpg

73-C5761-E-024-F-4-D55-B2-E4-A8-A37-BB7-A482.jpg

Back