How do you stack your hamburger?

How do you stack your hamburger?

• Meat, cheese, and bacon first, then veggies on top of the protein

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Veggies first, then meat, cheese and bacon on top of the salad

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • I've never thought about it. I just pile it on and eat!

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
After you slather a little mayonnaise onto the bottom half of your bun, what goes on next, and what goes on after that? How do you stack your burger?

Last edited:
this also depends on how someone eats their burger, if flipping it upside down or not. Personally, I like the crown on top, veggies on bottom (unless fried) and bacon on top. pickles can go wherever

I like the cheese on top of the patty, bacon (if present) on the cheese, and usually do veggies on top of that. However I’ve been known to put leaf or shredded lettuce below the patty on top of the bun. Most times I use Mayo on the bottom bun to serve as a hydrophobic layer. My main goal when constructing a burger is a) to keep it from slip sliding apart and b) preserve the integrity of the bottom bun.

thats why ronnie mcdonald puts his cheese on the bottom unless theres 2 pieces, ya know.

that said- a well-toasted or particularly hardy bun (hello pretzel rolls) can hold up to a lot and might even be better with a little grease. besides that, you can always rest the burger for a minute before assembling. i do not special request my The Whopper gets made differently when i go to The Burger King

Mayo with fresh ground pepper on bottom bun, patty, then lettuce and onion. That's my perfect burger.

Toast the bun with butter firstly,whatever bun I use.Slather of Mayo on bottom bun with s&p if so inclined.Melted cheese on top of patty.Other garnishments go on top of cheesified burger patty and lastly a slather of Mayo on top bun too.Duke’s is the ONLY Mayo allowed in my home.

Different style burgers get stacked according to the number of beers consumed. But for semi- sober All American style? Bun. Burger. Colby Jack. Shaved Vidalia. Tomato. Chopped lettuce. Mayo or 1000 Island. Kosher spear on the side. If there’s L and T there’s never mustard or ketsup. Bun toasted or grilled. Carolina burgers get any yellow cheese, chili beef, onion, slaw and mustard on bottom. Burger joint turn offs? COLD BUNS. UNMELTED CHEESE. BAD LETTUCE.

Team Mustard reporting in. Mayo is for tuna salad (Blue Plate preferred).

Bottom bun (toasted on the grill) with mustard. Then lettuce, meat, cheese,onion, tomato and pickles. Then mustard on top bun. Sometimes substitute jalapenos for the pickles.

Like a Chicago hot dog no ketchup allowed.

Really Jonesng for a Mushroom Swiss Whataburger now or a double meat, double cheese with jalapenos Whataburger.

Last edited:
Mayo on bottom bun, lettuce on top of that. Then burger, bacon, cheese melted over bacon to hold it in place. Another lettuce and pickles on top, then crown.

i do like raw/roasted chiles on top, now that I about it (and what's for lunch). pickled peppers as with dill pickles can go wherever

There´s only 1 thing I hate more on a burger than lettuce: tomato.
Give me a salad on the side but neither lettuce nor tomato belong on a burger imho.
They will get lukewarm and will completely mess up the texture and bun.

Usually my burgers are:

top of the bun with home made spicy sauce and some mayo
toasted onions, pickles, jalapenos
bacon
patty with cheese on it
bottom of the bun with more of the spicy sauce.

I don't have a hard rule on how I eat it. Just whatever I am feeling at the time. My oldest though Plain Meat Cheese

Back