WSM Owners I have a question

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Our team cooks on 4 WSM's. Does anyone else that cooks on these have the problem with the soot chips falling on what your cooking? Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening. I have wiped down the dome and the sides of the kettle. Any advise is appreciated.

I will occasionally run mine up to full tilt after a cook, especially butts. When it cools then I take a wire brush and knock off all the junk.

What he said above... just have to clean them from time to time... works for me.

James.

Don't know.

Don't clean and haven't had soot chips falling, so I guess I'm either lucky or blind.

I dont know after mine got a little dirty is seems to have less leaks. Only thing i am going to clean is the top vent cause it is hard to move after it gunks up and the grates.

Once mine gets dirty I just toss it and buy a new one.

Disposable WSM mod... :-D

Seriously, I haven't had any problem with mine. I will take the temp up once in a while to burn off the curd, but that's it.

Before I use mine each time I take a look at the domes to see if any of the gunk is flaking. If it is, wad up a piece of tin foil and give it a light scrubbing. This will knock any of the loose stuff off and prevent it from falling on the food. Actually, I do this with my kettles and offsets too.

Before I use mine each time I take a look at the domes to see if any of the gunk is flaking. If it is, wad up a piece of tin foil and give it a light scrubbing. This will knock any of the loose stuff off and prevent it from falling on the food. Actually, I do this with my kettles and offsets too.

Ditto, it works for me too.

Why you want get rid of the gunk? That stuff is flavor , you cant buy that !

Back