Tacos, everyone loves tacos

mattmountz94

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Tortilla throwdown going on and I was in the mood for tacos! Started off by making some home made chorizo. Found the recipe online.
1 lb ground pork
3 habaneros
6 garlic cloves
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp salt

Mix all the spices, garlic and peppers in a food processor until a paste is formed.

Then mix it into the pork and let sit overnight

Today I got a pan good and hot and cooked it for awhile until it got nice and crunchy. Once crunchy I put a chipotle pepper and some sauce in and mixed it up good with a some vinegar. This turned out very good. I only used 3 peppers and I wish I would of only used 1. It was pretty hot and I'm not a fan of the taste of habanero.

While that was cooking I diced some sweet potatoes up and seasoned with oil and some season salt.

Roasted them at 400 for about 30mins

Next I made a chipotle mayo to go with
1/3 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 chipotle pepper and some Adobe sauce

This sauce is good. Can't wait to put it on some burgers.
Finally I had all the ingredients ready.

And it was time to assemble.

Boy did these hit the spot! The sweet potatoes were fantastic on it. Also added cilantro, avacado, onion and some cheese. Only thing I would change next time is less pepper. They were ripping I think I drank 6 beers alone to get down the 3 tacos

My oh my that looks good. How was the heat on the chorizo?

To me it felt like a 9... I'd say to people who can tolerate hear it was maybe a 7. Like I mentioned I really don't like the flavor of habaneros. I also put them in whole seeds and all. Next time only 1 pepper maybe even none and just use more chipotle in the sauce to give it kick

They look awesome! When I read you put 3 habenero peppers in 1 lb. of meat, I was thinking...you are a true pepper belly. I bet they were smoking hot good. The sauce sounds excellent and good to balance and cool off the habs.

Thanks everyone! They were def a hit. The wife just used minimal meat and more toppings... Wonder why ?? :mrgreen:

Back