Big Green Egg Intake On UDS?

Bamasmokin

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Any of you guys installed one of the green egg intakes on a uds? Considering it myself but want to ensure there are no performance issues. Please post pics if you have'em.
Thanks

Any of you guys installed one of the green egg intakes on a uds? Considering it myself but want to ensure there are no performance issues. Please post pics if you have'em.
Thanks

I have seen it done and contemplated doing that myself. I never got around to it. It is similar to what BPS does for their kit they sell.

I have not done it myself. But it seems like it would work like a charm. In all the years I have had a BGE, never have had any issue at all with the SS door.

Thanks fellas. I think I'll give it a go. I'll try to post pics. Those of you who have the large say....3" vertical intakes, is that all the intake needed? Because I've also contemplated using this as well. Would I also need to add some other intake holes around the drum, or would the 3" vertical be sufficient?
Thanks again.

If I ever build another drum, that is what I will do for the intake.

Why go through the expense/trouble when a ball valve will do just as well if not better?

Here is mine

I have been making these and putting on the ones I build all the time. No need to run around the drum opening this intake and closing that one. Its all right there in the front for ease of use. I have NO problem with temp control lol. They are 4 1" holes which if my math is correct is approx. 3.14" of intake. More than enough.

Attachments

• 20130921_175923.jpg
    20130921_175923.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 20130921_175950.jpg
    20130921_175950.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Slide Intake.jpg
    Slide Intake.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 108
I installed a BGE intake on mine. I think it was the for the large. Tried to make my own, but it didn't work out so well. So far, it works great. Can let as little or as much air in as you want and it all comes from the same direction, so it doesn't mess up your fire.

Big Poppa Drum kits have a slide vent. Can order the vent by itself too.

Back