Muffin pan chicken - why?

Professor Salt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I don't know what effect the pan has on the chicken thighs (other than shaping it into an unnatural sphere).

Does it do something for the texture or taste? I haven't tried it yet myself, but I'm curious what others have learned from using the technique.

Have not tried this yet but I'm sure one of the guys that has will chime in shortly. To me I would have to think it would help out on the appearance scores due to the uniformness of the thighs.

and... I'm confident several have already purchased and tried...not me but you never know :lol: Is was by far our worst meat last year:cry:

i think this would fall under sculped meat under KCBS rules is my thought:-D:rolleyes:

york

cornbread chicken is to die for :roll::eek: and yes it does taste better and yes it makes all pieces the same looking

So.........round chicken thighs.

Could that considered marking?

Last edited:
Ooooo! How about putting your chicken into those cast iron muffin pans that are shaped like an ear of corn! THAT should be a big hit!

So.........round chicken thighs.
Could that considered marking?
Maybe before, but now that others on the circuit are stealing Myron's idea, it would be harder to tell which cook did it!

Round chicken...

Chicken_Luncheon_Meat_Round.jpg

To me, Myron's chicken looks processed and industrial. Round is not a shape that chicken thighs should be.

How it tastes? I don't know. I'd bet, pretty amazing. Anyone know?

One thing for sure, those of us that don't use the muffin pans next year will be in the minority and possibly DQ's for marking.
Mack

I don't know. It didn't make my turn ins look any better!

Attachments

• IMG_2733.jpg
    IMG_2733.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 559
Neither are the tiny, puff-pillow manufactured thighs that have been all the rage.

If those didn't get called for sculpting, then that ship has long sailed.

+1

OK, I tried the muffin pans in conjunction with the APL method and it worked out quite good. The skin stayed in place without pinning and the final result was nice bite-through skin.

Funny how everyone caught that he used muffin pans, but didn't catch that he has admitted to not doing so well in chicken.

Back