Banh Mi Vietnamese Sammich

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I like 'em a lot but never made one at home. Pretty easy to make so I thought why not?

Baguettes are the easiest to make so started with that

JmNhrHJh.jpg

htXApVjh.jpg

Any type of pork combo works with this sandwich. They usually do pate, belly or really any pork combo but I kept it simple and used pork tenderloin

GE7wzrXh.jpg

Cooked to 140

GE7wzrXh.jpg

Mayo, grated cabbage and carrots (I believe it's usually marinated but I used fresh)

GELeATRh.jpg

Fresh cucumbers and jalapenos

VewugBeh.jpg

Asian style sweet, sour and tangy sauce

KJzBGNKh.jpg

Fresh cilantro sprigs

Ly2751sh.jpg

What she looked like

12bZKH9h.jpg

Cut into smaller portions

gIPtQwXh.jpg

Has to be one of favorite sammiches

Ku0aGGch.jpg

Give it a shot guys. Thanks for looking!

Love me some vietnamese sandwiches
I lived next door to a migrant family many years ago and they adopted me, i was spoilt.
Mid 70,s
So your bread!
In side in the oven?
Favourite go to recipe?

Love me some vietnamese sandwiches
I lived next door to a migrant family many years ago and they adopted me, i was spoilt.
Mid 70,s
So your bread!
In side in the oven?
Favourite go to recipe?

You know all about it then Titch.

Here it is. Super fast and failproof really. I've been using it for a while when I have to have fresh baked baguettes in a pinch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbRpFOiOLs

You know all about it then Titch.

Here it is. Super fast and failproof really. I've been using it for a while when I have to have fresh baked baguettes in a pinch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbRpFOiOLs

That took me back a bit, i reckon she would have added a bit of mint , but dam that food was, basic,fresh and delicious.

My bad, thanks for the youtube link.

Looks great Sako. I used to buy them at the Vietnamese bread shop all the time in Sydney, but we always had chicken with fresh Thai chilies in it as well.

Killer as usual! Thanks for the bread link I’d love to try that too.

Making your own bread. :clap2: That's dedication and going all out! The bread is what I can't replicate. Banh Mi bread has the light crisp airiness to it that's slightly different from the crusty, chewy, and heavy bite that's normally found with store bought french baguette.

Well that could save me a trip to Lee's Sandwiches! But then I gotta figure out that ice coffee too...

Phu made these at the pig roast - the flavor/texture combo of these sammiches really is a thing of beauty. Yours looks killer - and I know it ain't gonna be any other way! :hungry:

That took me back a bit, i reckon she would have added a bit of mint , but dam that food was, basic,fresh and delicious.

My bad, thanks for the youtube link.

:thumb:

There variations of it for sure and mint sounds really good.

Looks great Sako. I used to buy them at the Vietnamese bread shop all the time in Sydney, but we always had chicken with fresh Thai chilies in it as well.

Thanks Matt!

We grab some for lunch sometimes from a Vietnamese place and they must have about 10 variations of it. The even make a beef one. I'm def going to do multiple meats on the next one.

Well that could save me a trip to Lee's Sandwiches! But then I gotta figure out that ice coffee too...

Phu made these at the pig roast - the flavor/texture combo of these sammiches really is a thing of beauty. Yours looks killer - and I know it ain't gonna be any other way! :hungry:

:laugh: True, the coffee will need some tinkering. Combo of this sammich is like you said just killer.

Thanks brother!

Excellent, Neighbor! :grin:

Thanks Neighbor!

Making your own bread. :clap2: That's dedication and going all out! The bread is what I can't replicate. Banh Mi bread has the light crisp airiness to it that's slightly different from the crusty, chewy, and heavy bite that's normally found with store bought french baguette.

Thanks Ulc! Absolutely agreed.

Where's the liver pate!?

Hey it was a weeknight relatively quick cook. Next time. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Excellent sammy! I need to try making that bread, well actually I'll probably get Stephanie to do it.

Looks most excellent, Sako!

I have pork tenderloin in the freezer.......tempted. :-D

Back