Slow n Sear Deluxe $40 off for 22" model

Thanks for the heads up Suds!

This will be a major upgrade over my fire bricks. Have been wanting one for a long while, and at this price point I can graduate from the bricks. I really like that now my coals will not be against the kettle bottom. Better for the kettle, and will retain more Btu's inside the cook chamber, thus longer run time with the same fuel load.

Do many of you actually run water, or just use the water pan empty as an additional insulator from the direct heat of the coal bed?

I haven’t ordered one yet…I think I may though. My position in the past was that it seemed to be of limited usefulness compared to something like a charcoal basket, but I also thought the Vortex was kind of gimmicky and I love it now that I have one so my judgement seems questionable in these matters.

So we all ordered this thing today including me. But how great does it work versus the snake method? I was watching their vids and they don’t run vents wide open as I do. Should be a fun new learning experience.

Slow n Sear Deluxe $40 off for 22" model

If it's on sale it's practicality free...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yep, better grab 2 or 3 if they’re just giving the stuff away… after all, “oh my gosh, it’s sooooooo cute!” [emoji12]

Last edited:
With the quality, functionality and the price of raw materials these days $60 is a bargain. I gladly paid full sticker twice , if you want to call it that, so it's a no brainer. Only used one of my kettles without it once since early 2019. I love it.

Do many of you actually run water, or just use the water pan empty as an additional insulator from the direct heat of the coal bed?

Both. Water when charcoal smoking, no water when searing or high temp heating/roasting before or after a sear. I have the original SNS so I can’t remove the water pan.

Thanks so much for this S&S!

I bought two!

I gave my old kettle to a good friend of mine but am buying a new one for myself soon!

One for them for a Christmas Gift and one for myself.

Smokin' Deal!

Back