MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:04 PM   #16
WeberWho
is one Smokin' Farker

I had an early start with the day off of work today. Shoulders were $1.28/lb so I fired up the smoker. No real plans with them other than to vacuum seal them and toss them in the deep freeze.

WeberWho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2022, 08:19 PM   #17
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

Gyro wraps with feta, garlic naan, tatziki, and a side of Greek potatoes tonight.

I have NO idea about the rest of the weekend... Surely, we must grill up some wings or make nachos or SOMETHING for the NFL games on Sunday!

Y'all hunker down, be safe, and keep the thin blue rolling as best you can.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:38 PM   #18
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Whole pork shoulder!

Old 01-28-2022, 08:40 PM   #19
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Kung Pao chicken on the wok tonight(authentic recipe with Sichuan peppercorn), tomorrow - fire grilled coffee rubbed chuckeye steaks.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2022, 09:01 PM   #20
smokin'hoogie
Full Fledged Farker

Cooking up a MONSTER stew using 10 lbs. of beautifully marbled chuck roast with a nice array of vegetables. Luckily we are just getting brushed with this storm in Upstate NY but I do love to pull this all portioned up out of the freezer at will and just heat it up on these cold nights.

Old 01-28-2022, 09:16 PM   #21
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Depends on the Kroger trip tomorrow.Between that and what Grandson wants for Sunday.If he wants it,I will find and cook it.He is not very picky though.Usually white juicy chicken or ribs.He likes pulled pork too but waits too late to tell me sometimes.Calls me at 3 PM and wants to know
if we can have pulled pork for dinner.Most times I can pull it off because I have a pack in the freezer.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2022, 09:35 PM   #22
Capt
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cole

Pork shoulder, some texaque beans, st. louis ribs, some sausage and a few chicken thighs will find the way onto the offset tomorrow. Even south florida is expecting cold this weekend.

Old Country Pecos Stick Burner / Weber One Touch Platinum / Camp Chef Flat Top 600 / Caja China (Pig Box) / Weber Spirit Gasser / Weber Q 1200 Tailgator / Ooni Pro Pizza Slayer / Vision Kamado Pro
Capt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2022, 09:47 AM   #23
morningwoodbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

You know what, I changed my mind. I'm not going out to cook in this. About 5 hrs into the storm. 8 more hours to go.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:51 AM   #24
Smoke Dawg
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : IMF

Pharking Phrime rib
Only Brethren to win a TD with all the votes!
IMBAS Certified Moink Baller
Smoke Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2022, 03:17 PM   #25
morningwoodbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Dug out the kettle. Will fire up a steak shortly.

Old 01-29-2022, 04:22 PM   #26
gtr

Bunch o'steaks - strips, ribeyes, Philets. Phried taters lookin like they'll be part oPh the plan as well.

Happy weekend to Phu and crew and all y'all Pharkers!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2022, 10:44 AM   #27
jzadski
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Now that the weekend is over I finally made up my mind. Doing a carver ham ala Thirdeye

Thanks from: --->