Spatchcocked Chicken w/ Pron

GldnKniteofBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Tonights menu featured a spatchcocked chicken with potatoes and a lightly dressed helping of mixed salad greens and spinach.

The chicken was rubbed under and over the skin with salt,pepper,garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. It was then rubbed under and over the skin with my homemade compound citrus butter (butter, some OJ, orange and lemon zest, fresh thyme all whipped together in a stand mixer). It was cooked at first on indirect to get some color and then switched to indirect. Light smoke provided by some hickory and apple wood. The chicken was then finished off with a glaze made from Franks Hot Sauce and local orange blossom honey.

Potatoes were cooked in a foil pouch on the grill with the same compound butter, onion, shallots, garlic, dried rosemary, salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• web1.jpg
    web1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 237
  • web2.jpg
    web2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 233
  • web3.jpg
    web3.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 235
  • web4.jpg
    web4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 235
  • web5.jpg
    web5.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 234
Dang . .I gotta figure out how to "carve" a chicken.
Mine always look like I had to pull the chicken out of a dogs mouth:(

Looks great:-D

Thanks for the support....i got a new camera not too long ago and iv been working on finding subjects....lucky for me there is a place that i can share a passion for food with others who are just as passionate.

I love the idea of the hot sauce/honey glaze. Nice bird!:thumb:

I tend to lean towards the sweet and heat style of saucing....
The citrus compound butter that was rubbed on really added a nice subtle flavor as well.

Back