MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #16
BigDon
Knows what a fatty is.

Nice job Rib Rub!

Here is a few of my first cooks on the Memphis I just got a few weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #17
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Two Camp Chefs that went bang? Whoo. You definitely get your bang for your buck when you get a Camp Chef!

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-11-2018, 08:37 PM   #18
jakel
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

I Love my Yoder YS-480 .... Built like a tank great smoke flavor for a pellet grill and customer service 2nd to none.

Cheers,
John

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." R.Reagan
jakel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #19
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

Daniel Boone here.

Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #20
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Hank Sauce is great! I was just looking at his rub too as he posted it on Instagram. He's gotten into stores up here in northern NJ now too. I'm a huge fan of the Camoflauge Sauce.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #21
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well the food was great but have no idea what caused the mini explosion, I may give the Camp Chief people a call tomorrow, and see if they can tell me why it would do that.
Dave

Old 04-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #22
stephan
is one Smokin' Farker

New to the pellet scene, I just bought a Yoder YS640. I have only done 3 cooks with three different brands of pellets so far. So far so good as they say.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5206.jpg (69.2 KB, 1293 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5207.jpg (86.7 KB, 1300 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5208.jpg (71.8 KB, 1296 views)
JENAIR GASSER
stephan is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-12-2018, 06:27 AM   #23
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
Hank Sauce is great! I was just looking at his rub too as he posted it on Instagram. He's gotten into stores up here in northern NJ now too. I'm a huge fan of the Camoflauge Sauce.
I have to give him credit, he has this stuff everywhere. I have seen it out in produce stands on roads nobody has heard of. My wife is friends with him hence how I got the rub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoQ View Post
Two Camp Chefs that went bang? Whoo. You definitely get your bang for your buck when you get a Camp Chef!
If you google it, most all these grills do this at one time or another. Chances are if you own one, the lid will blow off a time or two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
New to the pellet scene, I just bought a Yoder YS640. I have only done 3 cooks with three different brands of pellets so far. So far so good as they say.
love the yoder! If I would have known about it, I would have bought it. I am planning on getting one this summer.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:02 AM   #24
greenmountainsmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Just got my GMG Daniel Boone last week and LOVE IT! I am all in with the pellet poopers. Did some steaks last night and they were:
1) easy as can be to add some smoke, then sear
2) delightfully delicious
Can't wait to take on a longer cook!

Old 04-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #25
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmountainsmoke View Post
Just got my GMG Daniel Boone last week and LOVE IT! I am all in with the pellet poopers. Did some steaks last night and they were:
1) easy as can be to add some smoke, then sear
2) delightfully delicious
Can't wait to take on a longer cook!
Boston Butt 11 hours and turned out perfect. The Pellet does long cooks as good short cooks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35A4EA70-BF30-4029-BF7B-8C6B8F0E2C62.jpg (125.4 KB, 1261 views)

Last edited by Rib Rub; 04-12-2018 at 12:30 PM..
Rib Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 AM   #26
OklaDustDevil
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Ray

I chose a Mak 1-star. It does exactly what I wanted: I can program it to hit different temp's at different times, including internal meat temp using the probe, and it then smokes all night while I'm sleeping!
Chuckwagon Cookers Horizontal Offset Stickburner
Southern Cookers Vertical Stickburner[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
OklaDustDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #27
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rib Rub View Post
I have to give him credit, he has this stuff everywhere. I have seen it out in produce stands on roads nobody has heard of. My wife is friends with him hence how I got the rub!
Yes he is. I'm in Cape May quite a bit as my parents live in Villas. There is a Hank's set up everywhere we go and we always see the stickers. He's created a nice brand and a cool logo.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #28
bignburlyman
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo-Dave View Post
Anyone ever have this happen. I had the smoker set up with 3 pork steaks, two sweet potatoes, and a small pot of baked beans. I had it set on low smoke, then turned it up 250, went it to wait for it to come up to temp, all of a sudden there was a loud bang, and my wife who was at the door saw the lid fly open and then saw it slam shut. I checked it out and it seamed ok, so I continued to cook even up the temp to 350. Anyway what in the heck could have cause it to do that?
Dave
If your fire goes out the auger will keep adding pellets, if you just re-start the hot rod it will start smoldering at the bottom of a pile of pellets, when it decides to flame it will ignite with a bang. If I know the fire went out on my Traeger I always open it up down to the fire pot and pull the pellet overflow out before restarting.

Strange how those pellets can explode like that! I wonder if it creates a gas like a wood gassifier when the pellets smolder and when flame hits it flashes?
MCBJ & CTC #5112

Traeger Texas 075
Blackstone Tailgater

Family: Where Life Begins, and Love Never Ends.

bignburlyman is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-12-2018, 12:25 PM   #29
Rib Rub
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro7 View Post
Yes he is. I'm in Cape May quite a bit as my parents live in Villas. There is a Hank's set up everywhere we go and we always see the stickers. He's created a nice brand and a cool logo.
I was going to write he is going to be national someday, but I looked at the map on the website and he is in California already. LOL. I hope to see some BBQ sauces someday. It is funny, everywhere you go, there is Hanks sauce. I mean it is in every Pizza place and every restaurant. Not to mention you can buy it in any store, market or road side produce stand up the coast. Dude is a hustler!

Old 04-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #30
iamuzzyhunter
Full Fledged Farker

I have been looking at the Pit Boss Austin XL. Anyone here have one or know anything about it?