Would you pay $200 for a used Globe Chefmate GC10 slicer?

B3

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Brethren,

I found a used Globe Chefmate GC10 slicer that the seller wants $200 for. I've been looking for a slicer for a while and I feel like this is the deal I've been waiting for. Assuming it's in as good of condition as the seller states, are there any pitfalls on this slicer that I'm missing?

If I go check it out, I'll make sure it runs smooth and that there isn't any general damage. What else should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

I know nothing about that unit but sure would check into it for the price.

I owe thanks to your recent slicer thread. It reminded me to check local listings again (because I hadn't for a while). So thanks Terry!

I'd say 200 bucks or a little lower would be a goos deal, if it's clean....You can usually tell if they have been taken care on first viewing.

• Thanks
Reactions: B3
I ggogle it should be weel worth the money . BTW you also can down load the owner manual on it,

Make sure the sharpening stone are in good condition. The blade should not have any nicks in it. Pull all the guards and see if it has been cleaned. Check for all the knobs that hold the guards on. That is a great price. I found the same slicer on line for $697.

• Thanks
Reactions: B3
I'd say 200 bucks or a little lower would be a goos deal, if it's clean....You can usually tell if they have been taken care on first viewing.

That's what I was thinking... If I show up and it looks brand new, I'll be all over it. I think it will depend on the condition.

Thanks guys.

Back