• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Houston....We have Pulled Pork! w/Pron

SpammyQ

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Ok, this was my first attempt at this, for pron of the start and up to foiling, look here.

Decided we needed more than just pork for dinner, why, I'm not sure, so the wife made up a mess of her world famous cole slaw, and I threw a couple vidalias on the smoker about 3:30. Melted butter, garlic oil and a touch of brown sugar down the center. I made a couple slices from the middle toward the outside without penetrating the outer layer to allow the juces to wrok their magic, all wrapped in foil and put on the top grate.

At 5:30 we pulled this pork, Pic 1 shows the before, pic 2 shows it was pulled. it turned out nice and juicy, with a great smoke ring. I used apple I got from a buddy, and it was awesome to smoke with.

After plating, here is a completed sandwich, along wth a pic of the onion after 2 hours on the smoker.

Everything turned out great. Thanks for the motivation.

Jim

Attachments

• 100_1047.jpg
    100_1047.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_1049.jpg
    100_1049.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_1050.jpg
    100_1050.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_1051.jpg
    100_1051.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 120
Oh my goodness, you did a fine job. I'm full and hungry at the same time.

Jim, that looks outstanding!!! Wifey's cole slaw sure looks good and that's what is needed to make the perfect sammy. Good job brother.

That's my Boy!!!!!!

You did great, but I think you need a lot more practice... (Major complement in my family because that mean's they want more).

Great job!!!!

Back