Rabbit Green Curry

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I did another round of freezer diving today. Started by marinating some rabbit in green curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice, cumin, ginger, and fish sauce.
OL9CMS5.jpg

Fired up the kettle with the vortex.
gimEDkg.jpg

While that was going, I made some cauliflower rice, cooked in duck fat. Oh Yeah!
4ohYtay.jpg

I also made a curry sauce. Fried some curry paste in some coconut oil, then added coconut milk, ginger, fish sauce, and cumin.
u82zuRk.jpg

AYrFV6a.jpg

Pulled the rabbit, and put it in a pan with the curry sauce.
uCCF3yA.jpg

YVzZPmE.jpg

Covered and cooked another hour.
m9VdNhB.jpg

Plated with the cauliflower rice.
n2cRXld.jpg

Very Tasty! Hope you enjoyed.

RD has Rabbit for $4.33/lb (17lbs) I have tried many wild animals or just uncommon ones like frog legs, gator, snake, wild boar, deer, various wild birds. I have not tried Rabbit, or Squirrel yet. I am so tempted to buy (17lbs).

Rabbit is delicious. Makes a great ragu, so I would imagine a great curry also. Love green curry.

RD has Rabbit for $4.33/lb (17lbs) I have tried many wild animals or just uncommon ones like frog legs, gator, snake, wild boar, deer, various wild birds. I have not tried Rabbit, or Squirrel yet. I am so tempted to buy (17lbs).

I couldn't even put a number on how many rabbits I have eaten. One of my favorite foods for sure. Could be just because I grew up on it. Good news is, there is very little difference between cotton tail, and tame rabbit. I say give it a try, just for the experience.

Oh yes!! Well played brother. Looks amazing!

n2cRXld.jpg

I couldn't even put a number on how many rabbits I have eaten. One of my favorite foods for sure. Could be just because I grew up on it. Good news is, there is very little difference between cotton tail, and tame rabbit. I say give it a try, just for the experience.

Not to sound like the easter bunny killer, but i have a few friends that have rabbits for pets. They are fat as hell. I would assume "Tame" is code for Waygu Rabbit. I am not opposed to this idea.

It's been a long time since I have enjoyed a rabbit dinner, after seeing this I figure I need to do something about it, thanks for sharing.

Not to sound like the easter bunny killer, but i have a few friends that have rabbits for pets. They are fat as hell. I would assume "Tame" is code for Waygu Rabbit. I am not opposed to this idea.

By tame I meant, those raised for meat, instead of wild. Basically the same as the pet bunny. Rabbits get really tough, so your friends pets, probably wouldn't' make that great of a dinner. Their babies however, that's another story. New Zealand and California are the two most popular breeds to raise for meat. You generally butcher at 8 weeks or less. After that they are only good for sausage, or a long stew/braise.

It's been a long time since I have enjoyed a rabbit dinner, after seeing this I figure I need to do something about it, thanks for sharing.

Thanks Bill. If you've had rabbit, you know what you've been missing.

By tame I meant, those raised for meat, instead of wild. Basically the same as the pet bunny. Rabbits get really tough, so your friends pets, probably wouldn't' make that great of a dinner. Their babies however, that's another story. New Zealand and California are the two most popular breeds to raise for meat. You generally butcher at 8 weeks or less. After that they are only good for sausage, or a long stew/braise.

Interesting. This makes me wonder, how easily it would be to breed a fatty rabbit. i Have always heard of how lean rabbit is, but i dont see why rabbit could not be breed to be fattier.

Interesting. This makes me wonder, how easily it would be to breed a fatty rabbit. i Have always heard of how lean rabbit is, but i dont see why rabbit could not be breed to be fattier.

Rabbit doesn't marble. Even when they get fat, they will develop fat rolls on the outside of the muscle. Just because it is lean, doesn't mean it doesn't taste good. I would take rabbit over chicken any day.

Rabbit doesn't marble. Even when they get fat, they will develop fat rolls on the outside of the muscle. Just because it is lean, doesn't mean it doesn't taste good. I would take rabbit over chicken any day.

Damn genetics. Why hasnt someone breeded a waygu rabbit. lol

Back