MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Grinders + Buckboard bacon

If this works you should see photos of the two grinders I now have, along with the Buckboard bacon I mentioned in a previous post. If the photos don't work you will just have to take my word that it happened. I have not had much luck posting pic lately and I wont try again on these, if it does not work, sorry.

Side by side comparison of a #32 and #22 grinder.

This shows the bearings in the #32 and though you can't see it the #22 has a plastic sleeve instead of bearings. Well it looks like you can see a bit of the plastic in the smaller grinder.

Business end of the two grinders.

And lastly a couple photos of my first time try of the Buckboard bacon.

Sorry no finished fried pic, could not get to the camera fast enough.

I need to pick up a knife, stuffing blade and a larger size plate for the larger grinder. Going to mount this one to a 1/2 geared motor with a set of lovejoy couplings, my only concern is if it will be two slow as I mentioned before, the rpms are about 30/32, seems a little slow but we will see. Don't know what I will do with the #22 grinder it could become a present to one of my kids someday, heck everything I own with be a present to my kids someday.
Dave

Old 04-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Markbb
is Blowin Smoke!

Nice set up....I'd be alittle concerned over the bearing being exposed like that..
Markbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markbb View Post
Nice set up....I'd be alittle concerned over the bearing being exposed like that..
Yes not sure it that is normal or not but I guess I will find out. The up side is the bearings are 3 individual parts so they can be cleaned without a problem just have to lube them up before starting with some cooking oil or some lard would be my best guess.
Dave

Old 04-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #4
millsy
is One Chatty Farker

bacon looks great.You guy's are given me to many ideas,I dont know where to start.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
livens
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Nice looking meat grinders :) I use a size smaller, clamp down hand crank style.

That bearing is a thrust bearing, and would be almost impossible to seal even if they inset it into the back. Its purpose is keep the auger turning smooth when you tighten the end up.
livens is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #6
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Good looking bacon and grinders Dave!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #7
JimT
Full Fledged Farker

When I opened this thread, I was thinking grinder - the sandwich. Mmmmm, a buckboard bacon grinder!!!

Guess I was hungry.

JimT

Old 04-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #8
Mo-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimT View Post
When I opened this thread, I was thinking grinder - the sandwich. Mmmmm, a buckboard bacon grinder!!!

Guess I was hungry.

JimT
Well why not? At work I got the idea to do some bacon welted lettuce, haven't had that since I was a kid.
Dave