Lowes to start selling B&B

I love B&B and currently have to drive to the nearest academy to get it which is 3.5 hours away. it results in a truckload and requires a lot of storage space. Being able to pick up the good stuff about 3 miles away would be a huge win for the team!!

Yes, they in both Melborne and there are three locations in the Orlando area; Kissimmiee being the closest!
Next time I go up to buy briquets, if thats what you like, I will let you know, then we can meet up somewhere between us.

I had noticed that mesquite lump has two slightly different labels when United Grocery stores had B&B 8&10# on sale many months ago. A few seconds search reveals a different label between Lowe’s & Academy labels. Same price, different weights different labels. Haven’t looked at ACE. I’m still going to hunt for Ax Breaker Lump. On principle.

ATTST: check weight and ingredients. Same price but 25% more at Academy?
Different labels may be old photos. Premium Hardwood Blend versus 100% Natural.

The term premium Hardwood blend does not bother me at all. In fact I seek those words out.

Some times you just got to walk in and read a label

The a$$hats on social media are calling them out for being sellouts because the went with a big box store for distribution...

Whatever...

Congratulations B&B!!!

I'm confused, aren't Academy sports and Albertsons grocery "big box"?

Yes, they in both Melborne and there are three locations in the Orlando area; Kissimmiee being the closest!
Next time I go up to buy briquets, if thats what you like, I will let you know, then we can meet up somewhere between us.

Just checked my closest Lowe’s and they have the BB lump now. A whole pallet of it.

None of the Lowe's around me carry it yet. But I did find an Ace Hardware that has every variety of B&B in stock along with a bunch of other brands.

An Ace Hardware near me just started selling B&B. Even have B&B char logs. I picked up a 30 lb bag for $30. Think I will get another bag or 2. Never used their char logs, but heard good things about the stuff. Anxious to try it.

I got some yesterday from a Ace in town. I've never tried it either, but after reading 100's of posts from Adams...ya know the man, "a kiss of mesquite, a kiss of this, a kiss of that and then rambles off in some type of abstract poetic journey full of innuendo"...that fer some reason I seem ta follow well enough. Anyways I got the lump as they didn't have any of the other...scored one bag of the mesquite just ta see.

-D

Back