Just ordered some new knives......

Cat797

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well, the missus suggested the other day that it might be time upgrade our knife set and give our current one to our son who is getting ready to move out. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap I went ahead and bit the bullet this morning and picked up a set of Dalstrong Gladiator series.......I hope they are decent. Gotta be better than what we have now! LOL.

FYI, ordered on Amazon and got $60 off, so the set was $345. I also ordered a cleaver from them for $47. We will see how they shape up next week.

https://dalstrong.com/products/dals...MI_o69w-Ki7QIVTNyGCh0NWgj0EAQYASABEgL6UfD_BwE

Impressive.
Congratulations

snazzy set, reviews read good

Never a dull moment 'round your place.

Looking forward to seeing and reading your thoughts and adventures with the new kit.

Probably not popular on here, but I’d return that and shop the sales at places like Cutleryandmore or Burrfection and even Amazon for individual knives. Dalstrong knuves look pretty, but aren’t quality knives. And yes, I own multiple Dalstrong knives.

Probably not popular on here, but I’d return that and shop the sales at places like Cutleryandmore or Burrfection and even Amazon for individual knives. Dalstrong knuves look pretty, but aren’t quality knives. And yes, I own multiple Dalstrong knives.

I hope that's not the case.....Guess I'll know more when they get here. If you don't recommend Dalstrong, what do you recommend???

This is true. A lot of youtube cooking/bbq channels are always hawking these, but they are not good knives.

Let us know how they work out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

$350 for 18 knives plus blocks .....
$20 per knife .

I wouldn’t have high expectations.

Be better off to take that $350 and buy just one , maybe 2 HIGH QUALITY all purpose ones.

Most of my Japanese knives were $250-$350 each !

Enzo, Shun classic for cheaper or a couple I have are the Premier series, Miyabi, my latest knives are carbon steel, the Moritaka Hamono line. There are a lot of good knives out there. If you are wanting a large collection for a lesser price, I’d look at the Victorinox knives. I have a few and for the price point they are an extremely good value.

Back