• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Planning

Also is there a date I don't see - I get to TX a fair amount would take some luck but would be cool as hell to swing by

Not yet. I requested October 1st but it's only been a week. It's their off season so they struggle with how to get it done the last couple of years. I'm wondering if we should just hang out at someone's RV spot instead. That's easy to schedule. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

From Paul's earlier post. :mrgreen:

We got a confirmed date yet? Only $235 to go pick up Bubba in Little Rock and bring him down to harass ya all. Otherwise, it's $244 direct to Austin.
Nope. I sent a 3rd email last week. I'll try calling this week. The new management group isn't very responsive.

We got a confirmed date yet? Only $235 to go pick up Bubba in Little Rock and bring him down to harass ya all. Otherwise, it's $244 direct to Austin.

Tell Bubba to bring his Boudin cookin' skills! :becky:

ps: It's spelled Y'all. :caked:

Here is what I'm dealing with. They promised to email me when they open the site for reservations. But no time frame on when this will happen. This is what happened last year. They waited until 17 days before the bash date to approve us.

Should I just reserve a RV spot at the RV park that's half a mile across the lake and hold the bash there? That worked really well for Dennis when he did the pre-bash bash. We don't use the pavilion anyway.

---
Me:
I appreciate you doing this for me. The issue is we tried this last year and it didn't work. I was notified too late and I had to cancel my event for the first time ever. Is it safe to assume that this date is mine 100%? We have people that come in from all over the country and they need to buy tickets soon.*

Thanks!
---
Them:
I cannot guarantee*the site will be yours however I can safely say I have not had any other inquiries for the pavilion on October 1. We will be calling you ahead of time so you will be one of the first to know that the site will be made available for reservations, after that it will be up to you to make sure that you make the reservation.*

USACE Belton Lake Office

I'm interested depending on when and where. With all the pent up demand to travel and all the new travel trailers, things in general are going to be pretty tight for sites.

Since the date is after school typically starts, that should help free up some sites for the bash. Inflation may also be biting pretty hard curbing demand for sites due to reduced travel.

It may be worth checking out 'city' parks in the surrounding area.

We used to have a family reunion @ Gatesville city park ( don't know the proper name but it's right by the Leon river) in early Oct. every year. Hasn't happened in a few years. We never had a problem getting a reservation. even as late as late Sept. Pretty darned close to Belton. Big pavillion seats 140. With camper spots and sewer disposal. decent sized parking lot.
This is it https://www.gatesvilletx.com/visit/page/rv-camping-faunt-le-roy-park
I didn't read the whole link. After I posted I did read it and the only thing I could see for sure that might throw a monkey wrench would be the part that says"Gas grills only". But They do have a decent sized charcoal grill by the Big Pavillion. Could burn a whole lotta steaks at once! but any way, Just tryin to help.

Last edited:
It looks like tomorrow the RV park 2 minutes from the normal pavilion opens its site for August thru the end of the year. We liked that place better when Dennis did his pre-bash bash.

Yes, the facilities at the Pavilion are a little nicer but, the RV Park was really nice and less of an Industrial feeling space.

The RV Park was a bunch of fun! Everyone stayed WAY longer than at the actual Bash the next day.

VB9EmEmh.jpg

zjwDsRoh.jpg

Any thoughts about something a little farther North around Waco? With the College and Military base in the general area, Waco should have some parks we could use if the Belton thing doesn't open up.

I'm going to say that 99% we get the regular site. They are supposed to notify me first so I get first chance at the reservation. It happened just like this last year and we got the site a week or 2 ahead of time. The RV site will be plan B or plan A if they open their site up for making reservations. If all else fails I'll post my home address and do it "peeps" style. Half of y'all have been there already. [emoji1787] I have a long driveway to fit Jay's cooker.

Any thoughts about something a little farther North around Waco? With the College and Military base in the general area, Waco should have some parks we could use if the Belton thing doesn't open up.
Waco? Anyone need a gsw? [emoji2357][emoji1787]

Back