Finally made a decision- #RecTeqLifestyle lots of Pron

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Allow me to introduce Fancy! Finally made a decision and went the RecTec 590. Also got the competition cart for 50% off. She came in late last Wednesday night 9 pm. Put together and burn in Thursday evening (on baby duty). I couldn't post any of these pics then because munchkin threw the phone in the toilet and just set up new phone yesterday.
With the weekend I started breaking her in. Friday did 2 racks of spares and the traditional fatty for the first cook. I didn't have time to trim any. Ever since I have started smoking I have trimmed them to St. Louis style. They are so much better that way! They were also probably the fattiest ribs I have ever seen. They ate ok but they cooked great.
Early Sunday morning smoked a chuck roast. I had been waiting on the price to come back down. This was unbelievable! I don't normally like roast, but I will jump all over this anytime! Loop Great smoke taste. Lumberjack pellets are the real deal.
Monday evening, Fancy wasn't concerned with an approaching hurricane. Smoked some burgers and then charred them on the gasser. Burgers were good, but they were pre-made frozen patties from the store. The packed in meat limited the smoke, but still had excellent flavor. (No Pics).
Would like to thank Chingador and RWalters and several others for their help and advice with this decision. Smoke on Brethren!
7dd488e69de4fd62624a755342f439b1.jpg
013d973da64fc526e04eda46aa53e7b8.jpg
e89011218f2e328fcaa5146bd938050e.jpg
d4af758bad999f25b2f378c356b5981b.jpg
582fe682cae68a8e1dbb9f99bd75c7df.jpg
de489b08694e0adbfa4bf0cb4912c924.jpg
bf93c63bd03c756abee9faeed62a0822.jpg

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Joedy, Congratulations on the new Smoker!!!:thumb::thumb:
Those cooks look fantastic, nothing a hurricane could stand up to!:boxing:
Them is some huge spares but you are right, St Louis trim is the only way to go.
Looking forward to your future cooks.

Congrats Joedy, I iknow you would enjoy a rec tec asI do mine. Cooks look great! Glad to see Fancy hasn't let you down!

Congrats Joedy. That comp cart looks awesome. Enjoy the cooker. You put a lot of time in and did your homework. Great looking food and I look forward to seeing more cooks.

Just a quick pellet reference. If you see B&B pecan buy it. I grabbed a bag at Academy last week and was very impressed. Great flavor. Smells like actual Texas coastal bend pecan. Hard to beat for the money.

Congrats Joedy. That comp cart looks awesome. Enjoy the cooker. You put a lot of time in and did your homework. Great looking food and I look forward to seeing more cooks.

Just a quick pellet reference. If you see B&B pecan buy it. I grabbed a bag at Academy last week and was very impressed. Great flavor. Smells like actual Texas coastal bend pecan. Hard to beat for the money.
Glad you mentioned that. I actually was looking at it Wednesday in Academy. I've been using B&B Pecan chunks in my WSM and they are great. Will definitely get some in the future!

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

That looks pretty spiff mate, nice:thumb:

Back