Jealous-Devil-Natural-Hardwood-Charcoal

Little too pricey for me. BUT, I hear it's good stuff.

I understand the initial sticker shock but one you use it, you will understand the price. You don't need to use nearly as much to achieve a really hot coal bed. It burns for a really long time. It is by far one of the best charcoals I have used. I recommend trying a bag and seeing for yourself.

Its great stuff!! my go to is Fogo black bag. thought id give JD a try and wow!! some of the coal are the size of a log split. gonna try Fogo super premium next, supposed to be just as good, but lights quicker and stays hotter longer

Its some really great stuff all we use to compete with. Its really hard to prove w/o just trying it , cleanest burning , hottest burn , last forever. Go to jeaulousdevil.com use promo code keepinitsmokin for a discount !

charcoal

Hi All It didn't look too expensive in local market..Have to run back and check the prices. I believe there are different sizes of the lump?

Thanks DanB

Hi All It didn't look too expensive in local market..Have to run back and check the prices. I believe there are different sizes of the lump?

Thanks DanB

There MAX , and Chunx 2 sizes , ive come to like the chunx bag , med to large chunks easier to fire manage.

charcoal

Hi My local market had only the 10 lb bags @ 10.99.Might give it a try in my WSM 22" I was hoping that it was the large lumps.
DanB

I've used it a few times. It is very good charcoal. It cost prohibitive in my opinion.
I personally can't see paying $32 for 20# of Jealous Devil when I can get Royal Oak for $12 for 15.4#.
Granted Jealous Devil is definitely a better charcoal but over double the cost better?... I'm not thinking so.

Hi My local market had only the 10 lb bags @ 10.99.Might give it a try in my WSM 22" I was hoping that it was the large lumps.
DanB

$1.10/lb doesn't seem terrible, I'd give it a whirl for that. I like Rockwood charcoal and it costs more per pound than that.

It's pretty good stuff, but a bit pricey. Very dense chunks. Good QC so on average each piece is a decent size. Assuming it hasn't been mishandled the amount of tiny shards are minimized. Burns well & pretty clean. On account of it being dense it takes a little while longer than the less dense woods to heat up. Burns for quite a long time. Good packaging to boot. Comes in a plastic re-sealable bag.

In the game of choosing the best charcoal for the price it certainly has a place, but is a bit too pricey for me to grab on the reg. I still bounce between briquettes & lump by different manufacturers often letting sales dictate what's in use next. Can't say that the fancy lump is all that much better with regard to end product. Definitely fun to purchase and use, but not necessary.

I stopped by Ace Hardware this morning to buy some B&B lump and saw they had Jealous Devil chunk for $20/20lb so thought I’d give it a whirl and took home a couple bags. I opened one bag and it looks very consistently sized and dense, no small bits to speak of. Looking forward to trying it out.

Back