Blackstone griddle air fryer combo

Biloxidman

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have/try one of these? Looks interesting. Thoughts, comments, complaints?

I'll probably take a pass on it. Rather than just ruining a portion of my deck with all the grease dripping from it, the air fry option would probably spew the grease all over and ruin the entire deck.

Pretty sure the airfry part don't use oil unless the have changed something, any grill or smoker spews oil lol

I'd consider getting one when I decide to replace my original Blackstone. I don't use mine enough to really justify doing it without a reason -- though, replacing the deck next year might qualify.

On Andy's comment, I'm not sure the air fryer will make things worse but I have the older version where the grease drain is in front and never really worked well so regularly make a mess on the deck. Nothing I'm losing sleep over given the condition of the deck in general but I might get one with the rear drain when I redo it and am leaning towards that version -- though not sure how often I'd use the feature.

The warming drawer would be convenient for keeping the bacon warm/crisp while I'm cooking the rest of a breakfast for instance.

Griddle with an air fryer? What are you talking about? Nevermind I found it, didn't know they made one.

I don't believe you can use the air fryer version with a natural gas conversion. Being able to run off the natural gas line coming out of my house is one of my favorite parts about the Blackstone versus some of my other cookers.

The guys I watch on youtube "Waltwins" got one and have raved about it

I don't believe you can use the air fryer version with a natural gas conversion. Being able to run off the natural gas line coming out of my house is one of my favorite parts about the Blackstone versus some of my other cookers.

What makes you think that?

I'd consider getting one when I decide to replace my original Blackstone. I don't use mine enough to really justify doing it without a reason -- though, replacing the deck next year might qualify.

On Andy's comment, I'm not sure the air fryer will make things worse but I have the older version where the grease drain is in front and never really worked well so regularly make a mess on the deck. Nothing I'm losing sleep over given the condition of the deck in general but I might get one with the rear drain when I redo it and am leaning towards that version -- though not sure how often I'd use the feature.

The warming drawer would be convenient for keeping the bacon warm/crisp while I'm cooking the rest of a breakfast for instance.

I went from the front grease trap to the rear. I was a little hesitant with only having a smaller grease trap located in the middle and back. While it sometimes isn't the most convenient it's a night and day difference with grease control. I plan on redoing my deck this summer. I wouldn't think twice about moving my Blackstone to the deck. I'll probably throw a grill mat under it but that would go with any big griddle. The front grease trap was a nightmare with grease finding it's way to the ground. The rear grease trap is a major upgrade in my personal opinion.

I've seen it posted several places online and I'm pretty sure the kit itself says it's not compatible. Might work for the griddle part but not the air fryers?

I believe that to be true as well. At least when they came out that was the case. Once you go NG you never want to go back to propane!

Back