1st ever pork belly (non bacon) cook for me.

*sigh* :tsk:

Thanks, Keith.

It's time to go to bed here, and now I want breakfast... THAT breakfast.

YUM That looks sooooo good that I can almost taste it Unfortuneately almost is not good enough :hungry::hungry:

*sigh* :tsk:

Thanks, Keith.

It's time to go to bed here, and now I want breakfast... THAT breakfast.
Sorry Marc...my bad! :biggrin1: You do have to get on the right timezones though. :becky:

Oh man you nailed that cook. A local restaurant in Tucson occasionally does a slow cooked pork belly that they do a hoisin glaze, then cube and saute with baby brussel sprouts.

Oh man you nailed that cook. A local restaurant in Tucson occasionally does a slow cooked pork belly that they do a hoisin glaze, then cube and saute with baby brussel sprouts.
Thanks!

I cubed some up last night and fried up with potatoes and onions... it was WOW

Told you so! :becky:
Looks perPhect!:clap:
Thanks Phubar, I did have two wild cards in there though which was the way I spun one that size and cooking over a real fire with all the grease. Thankfully both worked out...the belly stayed nice and flat on the spin and the grease only dripped on the fire vs pouring down on it. When I stopped the rotation you should have seen the fat pour down it was like turning on a faucet. lol

Thanks Phubar, I did have two wild cards in there though which was the way I spun one that size and cooking over a real fire with all the grease. Thankfully both worked out...the belly stayed nice and flat on the spin and the grease only dripped on the fire vs pouring down on it. When I stopped the rotation you should have seen the fat pour down it was like turning on a faucet. lol

I was going to put some potatoes in a pan under the belly so some of the fat could baste them.
Then I forgot,sounded like a plan

Back