Hello!

nkornbau

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hello! A long-time friend pointed me here, and I finally decided to sign up and introduce myself.

I've been playing around with BBQ for a few years now, since maybe... 2017? Started off using a MES with a cold smoker attachment. Mainly stuck to fatties, shoulders, and some occasional cheese with this guy.

About a year ago I got a fairly cheap mini pellet grill. I started to get hooked playing around with that. It wasn't super reliable, so I didn't trust it to for long and slow cooks but I drove my wife crazy by looking for excuses to cook anything "grillable" on it as often as possible.

After numerous auger fires (even after religious cleaning) and a pretty nasty grease fire (complete with flames shooting out the back), I decided to upgrade. I loved the portable aspect of my cheap guy but wanted something considerably more reliable. I settled on a Grilla Grill Chimp. I've been playing around with him for about a month and the addiction is really starting to take hold.

So... I'm happy to be here and look forward to learning and sharing with everyone. See you out there!

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back