Royal oak lump

bucko

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Smoking a 12lb turkey today fired up a chimney of royal oak lump it smelled like kerosine or lighter fluid for about 10 minutes but then the stink went away never noticed that smell before using royal oak is that normal

I've used nothing but Royal Oak Lump for at least 10 years and never had anything like that.

Me either too now that's funny almost spilled my mountain dew laughing

RO exclusively for 5 or 6 years and never a problem with odor, smoke, taste, sparks, or anything else. I just can't find it anywhere. Lowes, Home Depot, Wai mart, no one has any lump. They all have good supplies of ridge briqs, but no lump.

RO exclusively for 5 or 6 years and never a problem with odor, smoke, taste, sparks, or anything else. I just can't find it anywhere. Lowes, Home Depot, Wai mart, no one has any lump. They all have good supplies of ridge briqs, but no lump.
I am finding the same thing in Southern Jersey.

I picked up some Kingsford for the first time in years lately as RO lump is missing from the shelves.

Some of my Egghead friends have noticed this.
Usually the bags WITHOUT the "Made in USA" on them are the ones that have this issue.

I am finding the same thing in Southern Jersey.

I picked up some Kingsford for the first time in years lately as RO lump is missing from the shelves.

In North NJ my Shop Rite and Restaurant Depot carry RO lump.
DanB

Got some royal oak briquettes by accident and I will say I’ve never seen that much smoke.....finally thinned out but starting up ....goodness!

I've never had this issue with RO Lump either, but I do only buy the American Made. Like someone said, perhaps you had a foreign lump.

I might need to check my bags because I've noticed an odor. I wouldn't call it lighter fluid but is definitely not "normal".

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

All the private brands I've seen are actually RO lump. I know Kroger and GFS lump are.

Found a crumpled and carbonized aluminum can in my last bag of RO lump. I've noticed more debris in RO lately?

I might need to check my bags because I've noticed an odor. I wouldn't call it lighter fluid but is definitely not "normal".

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Same up here in Oklahoma. Also, sometimes it sparks quite spectacularly.

Back