St. Louis and Nashville...

Beentown

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Any recommendations for some places that we should eat in St. Louis or Nashville?

Headed to St. Louis BBQ Store to possibly pick up a new rig for my cooking partner. Then Saturday we are going to Nashville to look at trailers/set ups for vending/catering.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pappy's in STL. Was there a few times several years ago when my son did military training at Ft Leonard Wood and when we chatted with them about why we were there, they insisted that we bring him on our way back with him to the airport and made a big deal over him. Gave him a store shirt. The entire staff came over to thank him for his service. It meant a lot. Oh, and the food was great too. :grin: excellent brisket, hot links, and pulled pork.
I tell you, it meant a lot to see that from their whole team.

We live just east of Nashville. Peg leg Porker and Martin's are really good if on their A game, ribs and whole hog respectively. Edley's and Hog Heaven both are supposed to be really good, but we haven't got to try them yet.

What toy are you getting? They have a nice selection of cookers. Scott and Louis are great to work with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

What toy are you getting? They have a nice selection of cookers. Scott and Louis are great to work with.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Large cabinet smoker like the Humphreys Box Plus to supplement (re: so we can sleep) my Shirley.

Part 1, mission accomplished. Part 2, the concession trailer tomorrow.

Queb'd Pint riding home.
05ac536c2c126e7992ed0cd4b5b62826.jpg

The only BBQ stop was the Peg Leg Porker and it was one of the few BBQ joints I'd eat at again. Very good.

NashVegas sure is happening now. Wow...

The people at the St. Louis BBQ Store are excellent.

Will have to check out Peg Leg Porker. I think Dave Alvarado recommended it to me one time but haven't been there yet.

Better pic of the new cooker...

f1de50b23e4c649654e281fe6d05078f.jpg

Back