This Won't Be the Worst Plate of Food You'll See Today :)

AKMIMNAK

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Country fried steak bites with homemade biscuits and gravy (the latter by Mrs. Texas 2.5)

Thin sliced sirloin breaded in corn starch and seasonings and deep fried. Twice.

Yeah, this didn't ruin my Saturday. Why is there no deep fry throwdown when I need one??? :boxing:

And yes, I filmed it :) Video will be out soon.

Last edited:
Boy oh boy I could eat 2 plates of that , straight corn starch ? I use some flour called Runion and have mixed 20% or so to give a little xtra but never tried 100 % yet lol

I haven't had CF steak in years, so that plate definitely has my attention. Nice looking dish!!

It won’t be the worst plate I’d see any day. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spectac AKMINNAK!

You broke out into poetry over my dish! I'm honored :)

I haven't drooled at 03:54 in a while, fantastic.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this 😂

Boy oh boy I could eat 2 plates of that , straight corn starch ? I use some flour called Runion and have mixed 20% or so to give a little xtra but never tried 100 % yet lol

I saw someone do this a while back and it intrigued me. It definitely worked. I was unhappy with the crust after the first frying so I upped the temp to 400 and did a second quick flash fry after recoating them. Contrary to all other frying I've ever done, they got crispier as they sat on the cooling rack! Amazing. I'm used to rushing to eat flour fried foods before they get soggy. Not sure if it was due to the corn starch, the re-coating, the twice frying, or all the above. But that's the result.

Back