Buffalo Buffalo Burger – Take 2

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Last time I made this I declared it as the “Best Burger Ever” so I really wanted to make it again. I did tweak a few things in an effort to make it ever better. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Started out with some ground Bison (American Buffalo) meat. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mixed in some diced onion and Blue Cheese crumbles. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To speed things along I placed a chimney of charcoal on my side burner. As the charcoal was getting ready I grated a carrot [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and 2 stalks of celery into a bowl [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and made up some Crystal Hot Sauce Mayo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the charcoal was ready I poured it into the charcoal baskets in my Weber OTS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I placed my Camp Chef griddle over the coals and waited for it to get screaming hot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then place 4 meat balls on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They started sizzling in no time. I then smashed them and then flipped them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When they were done I assembled my burger. First was the Crystal Mayo on the top and bottom haves of the bun. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then some of the carrot and celery slaw. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Next the burger, 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and some thinly sliced jalapeno.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And finally some pickled red onion. (Note: I had put a Habanero chili in with the pickled red onion so they also added some heat to the burger)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here it is plated up with a slice of watermelon, some Fritos corn chips and a Stone IPA.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The crunch of the carrot and celery going with the heat of the mayo, pickled onion and jalapeno with the savory buffalo meat and cheese and the sour of the pickled onion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Mmmm![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yep, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Best burger ever!”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm gonna skip entering the burger throwdown... That looks amazing!

Husker, yet another very fine cook. You keep surpassing yourself and how you do that is beyond me. Great color in these great pics of another great cook. Congrats and kudos to ya!

Looks great! Saw you called it a carrot slaw, was it just carrot and celery or was there some kind of dressing?

Either way, looks amazing and will have to try it sometime. Been looking for a reason to make some pickled red onions already.

Back