Daytona 500 recipes needed

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Need to do a spread at the homestead for the Daytona race. Any ideas besides beer / abt's. That's a given. About ten people

Acually I need a couple of meats a few sides and a few appetizers to go with beers before eating. Thanks

beef tenderloin sliders on hawaiian rolls with boar's head horseradish sauce.

We usually get lobsters and make them for Daytona. However the pic below is what we did for new years. I hope to be doing this again for Daytona.
seafood platter
DSCF0026-6.jpg

Here are a couple other ideas. Tub of ribs
DSCF0019-1.jpg

abts two ways!
DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0028-3.jpg

Fresh salsa with smoked vegetables.
abtsturkeychickensalsa020.jpg

abtsturkeychickensalsa024.jpg

The other thing I like to do are breaded smoked buffalo wings. I for the life of me can not find a pic from the last few times I have done them. Also I make zesty meatballs that are usually a hit. Hope this helps

Last edited:
We usually get lobsters and make them for Daytona. However the pic below is what we did for new years. I hope to be doing this again for Daytona.
seafood platter
DSCF0026-6.jpg

Here are a couple other ideas. Tub of ribs
DSCF0019-1.jpg

abts two ways!
DSCF0063.jpg

DSCF0028-3.jpg

Fresh salsa with smoked vegetables.
abtsturkeychickensalsa020.jpg

abtsturkeychickensalsa024.jpg

The other thing I like to do are breaded smoked buffalo wings. I for the life of me can not find a pic from the last few times I have done them. Hope this helps
I know where I will be on race day,lots of time to get there too

Love the wrapped abt idea.

Me too. Definitely will try that one.

Thanks guys my idea was to make like a hot pocket type of snack. I figured most anything is good in dough right! I have been experimenting with different premade dough. I have tried croissant, bread stick and biscuit. Still search for the OMG dough but I like them. Maybe a pizza dough will be next. I have even done these with a salsa on the side for a dip. One thing I did on the last batch was add a bit of seasoning to the outside to add a little flavor.

You got a picture of that Mr Rick?, It just may be the winner, winner for my super bowl entry, sorry to derail, it just sounded way to good.
That does sound really good. No need to be sorry. We want pic's or it never happened!!!!!!:razz:

Vince - i like to do pulled pork sliders..the sheets of dinner rolls at sams are perfect
i also do up some quick pulled pork empanadas..(not really authentic but tasty all the same)
i get the the Goya Discos (they are frozen so you have to leave them out a bit to thaw ..flatten them a bit..fill with pulled pork and some chihauhau cheese..a little minced cilantro ..fold over and pinch sides closed and fry up in cast iron pan until golden brown
You can find the discos at the Bloomingdale Caputos on Lake

I would start with Kenseth jalopino poppers. (Wisconson Chedder)
Carl Edwards Cornbread, (farmboy)
Busch Brothers Hot wings (hot tempers)
Clint Boyer KC rubed ribs (Emporia's pride and joy)
Robby Gordon Drunkin Chicken (Jim Beam)
And some Earnhardt Pulled Pork. (Carolina boy)
Some Tony Stewart Burgers for the kids. (Burger King and Tastee Freeze fan)
Serve a perfect Johnson manhattan cocktail. (the ice man, sorry TL)
And maybe a plain Gordon saled as a side…..

seafood version of moink balls = large/jumbo shrimp wrapped with bacon on a skewer.
MMMmmmm good!

Back