Tongue n Cheek

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
btlf4vHh.jpg

E57UDPCh.jpg

I May have to just do cheek.........

Last edited:
Stupid Place has bags of Tongues, bags of Cheeks - Not a Single Tri Tip......WTF.?

Yeah, I had to "check down" to chuckie and cheeks when I last made birria.

Think that's my new go-to combo for both texture and fat content.

Don't overlook corned or pressed tongue
Wish cheeks was that cheap here
Got some ready to cook next few days, I guess taco it is,or maybe on a bed of black lentils

I cook cheeks about every other month. Use Chuds BBQ Youtube on Beef Cheeks as a guide. They’re great

Don't believe I've ever seen checks in store around here. Are they a tough cut?

I love beef tongue. I braise in a dutch oven, peel skin off and chop meat for lengua tacos.

Meat is incredibly tender and flavorful. But you don't want the taste buds visible, so peel that skin off.

My dad's family raised beef cattle and he always said the heart and tongue were his favorite cuts.

I can get a ribeye on sale for the price of that tongue...that's crazy

Did tongue not too long ago. Great cut. Strange at first to work with, but great in the end. It makes the best tacos IMO. de lingua if your need to sort it at your local taco truck. Go ahead and just says "tres taco de lengua" while you're at it. Pay the man. Enjoy the tacos. Be happy. Life is good.

Found a beef tongue a couple yrs ago at our grocery store and I grabbed it. Used the resources here to figure out how to treat it. Was amazing. Rich, almost melt in your mouth. Will grab another one again in a heartbeat if I ever see one.

Back