UDS paint selection?

kortag

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of pictures of very nice looking UDS builds that are painted in sports team colors.

What kind of paint are you guys using for those? The high heat rustoleum stuff seems to have a pretty limited color choice. I am specifically looking for Oregon Ducks colors (Yellow and Green).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I use engine enamel or caliper paint from an auto parts store. However, it still might be tough to find the colors you want. I have seen someone that has a Packers UDS so maybe they will chime in. One option would be to use a high heat primer and then regular paint. As long as you keep your temps down for "normal" smoking then regular paint should last.

i used bed liner coating on mine and you can paint over it in any color.

M

I use regular Rustoleum on my UDS and it holds up just fine but I never exceed 400 degrees. Most of my cooking is done 250 to 350. If you are going to be cooking under 400 don't waste your money.

I agree with Smokeyw. On my Bulls and Bears build I used rustoleum and have had no problems at temps up to 400 degrees. With most smoking in that 250-350 range.I thought about using hi temp, but even from the auto parts stores the colors weren't quite true enough for me.

Looked at those colors and should be pretty easy to do.

brickie

Regular spray paint here on my Steelers drum, doesn't get hot enough to need high temp paint.

pwa

I have seen a lot of pictures of very nice looking UDS builds that are painted in sports team colors.

What kind of paint are you guys using for those? The high heat rustoleum stuff seems to have a pretty limited color choice. I am specifically looking for Oregon Ducks colors (Yellow and Green).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can order rustoleum high temp green online if you can't find it at your local store. Its not true Duck green but they use enough stinking different combos who cares. Then buy some magnets as decals. They work fine 300* and under when I did 400*+ (forgot to take them off) I noticed they didn't like that as much and the top of my O tore after that when removing it for the next high heat cook. But you can't tell when it's on.

DSCN1558.jpg

HPIM0525.jpg

All regular rustoleum paint done for my brother in law for xmas..Very easy to do. Oregon duck shouldn't be too hard at all.

brickie

Back