MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
willbird
Full Fledged Farker

I am doing one this way on my UDS, we will see :-). Nothing earth shattering really.
willbird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
bigsapper
Take a breath!

I watched those and pretty much followed it. I did use a heavily seasoned brine, tho.

And I did do 1# of butter. that is a really good gravy recipe.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Part 3 is up. The bird doesn't look so gnarly when he is cutting it. Maybe bad lighting in part 2 or maybe good editing in part 3.
Maybe he used a stunt bird.

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
willbird
Full Fledged Farker

Got er done :-).......first turkey ever on the uds.....snagged a 14 lb fresh turkey from Meijer ......only one they had......said something about retained water but no mention of being injected with any solutions. Took it to 155f breast and thigh naked....then put in a foil pan with the 1 lb of butter. Pulled it at 175 breast and thigh (measured with IGrill). Bird was juicy and delicious.......to be safe I added no wood.....only RO lump. Would not hesitate to run IT a bit higher next time. I iced the breast for 1/2 hour before putting it on the Uds but it did not seem to have any effect. Total time in the uds both naked and in pan was 4 hours at 325f. First bird I ever brined....but it will not be the LAST :-)

Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #20
willbird
Full Fledged Farker

Forgot to mention I had the bird in the brine for 48 hours. Also with just lump no wood added there was still a smoke flavor.....I did not want to OVERDO that part :-).

Bill